Refresh Rate Issue with Samsung G7

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
I recently bought the Samsung Odyssey G7, but I can't seem to set it any higher than 144Hz and it's obviously a 240Hz monitor.

bb95d520f0badf6be0f8125c5184771a.png

a2f688c8df044cd5d3755a450786a850.png

I've had a Google and one of the replies to someone with the same issue was this:

95275868cea55391e15a09f3470b0dba.png

Does that make sense to anyone because it doesn't to me.

If I go into the menu on my actual monitor, I can only adjust the refresh rate when I turn off FreeSync, but again, the max is 144Hz, which is what it's currently on.

I have installed all the drivers that came with the monitor.

I have also attached a picture of the monitor's open menu, which was only possible via using my phone, so I apologise for its potential lack of quality!

Can anyone help me out on this?

Attachments

• menu.jpeg
    menu.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 535
D

DeletedUser

I notice that the connector is listed as "HDMI - HDTV"...do I take it you have it connected via a HDMI cable? If so, that is likely the reason as what I have read suggests HDMI 2.0 can only display 144Hz at 1440p (it can output 240Hz@1080p).

If you have a DisplayPort cable with your monitor (would be amazed if it didn't come with one) then try connecting with that as DP can carry higher levels so will display 1440p@240Hz

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
@Nursemorph you're a legend, that's fixed it straight away. So simple and I was tearing my hair out. I should have just asked here first of all!

Really appreciate that, thank you.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
That's probably the only thing I didn't search for. The HDMI connection didn't even enter my head. I just assumed it was still the go-to option when setting everything up - apparently not! Either way, I appreciate the effort!

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
That's probably the only thing I didn't search for. The HDMI connection didn't even enter my head. I just assumed it was still the go-to option when setting everything up - apparently not! Either way, I appreciate the effort!

Thanks for this thread.. Remind me to connect my 240hz Omen with a DisplayPort cable too :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
wait how did you fix it?
I undeleted the answer (that user had had their account deleted) should be visible now

I notice that the connector is listed as "HDMI - HDTV"...do I take it you have it connected via a HDMI cable? If so, that is likely the reason as what I have read suggests HDMI 2.0 can only display 144Hz at 1440p (it can output 240Hz@1080p).

If you have a DisplayPort cable with your monitor (would be amazed if it didn't come with one) then try connecting with that as DP can carry higher levels so will display 1440p@240Hz