Refresh Rate Issue with Samsung G7

legionson

Hi, I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'm having the same issue (stuck at 144hz with the g7) and this is the only place I've seen this issue listed with this monitor.

I am using DP though and am still stuck at 144hz. the monitor menu shows 240hz but under the display settings I can only get up to 144hz. anyone know why this is?

thanks in advance

(sorry if I've not done something right, first time posting on a forum) (Not sure what information you need on my set up, so let me know if you need anything other info)

steaky360

Hi @legionson I've just moved your thread to its own - that previous thread is quite old (I've linked below for everyone's info).

Have you enabled 240hz mode on the G7 monitor via the OSD?

You could also check in the nvidia control panel (assuming you have a nvidia GPU) and see if you can see 240hz in there.

RomG

Hi, I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'm having the same issue (stuck at 144hz with the g7) and this is the only place I've seen this issue listed with this monitor.

I am using DP though and am still stuck at 144hz. the monitor menu shows 240hz but under the display settings I can only get up to 144hz. anyone know why this is?

thanks in advance

(sorry if I've not done something right, first time posting on a forum) (Not sure what information you need on my set up, so let me know if you need anything other info)
I have the same problem

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have the same problem
Again, without knowing your specs, there's absolutely nothing we can do I'm afraid. If your GPU doesn't support 240Hz, it's not going to put it out no matter what you do. Similarly, we need to know the make and model of cable you're using?

Which monitor do you have, the 4k or 1440p?

RomG

Again, without knowing your specs, there's absolutely nothing we can do I'm afraid. If your GPU doesn't support 240Hz, it's not going to put it out no matter what you do. Similarly, we need to know the make and model of cable you're using?

Which monitor do you have, the 4k or 1440p?
I have a 3080 ti , 32 gb ram, intel i5 and the resolution is 2560 x 1440p

RomG

so I would suggest swapping to Display Port and use the one that came with the monitor.

You also want to be certain its on the latest firmware.
Yeah i have the latest filmware wich is version 1014.1. and I kinda got mistaken. I use the HDMI cable and the DP that came with the monitor, there wasn't any HDMI cable that came with the monitor so I had to find one in the house

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah i have the latest filmware wich is version 1014.1. and I kinda got mistaken. I use the HDMI cable and the DP that came with the monitor, there wasn't any HDMI cable that came with the monitor so I had to find one in the house
Which port are you using though? You can only use one? It sounds like you're using HDMI which doesn't support 240Hz.

You'd need to use DP.

RomG

Which port are you using though? You can only use one? It sounds like you're using HDMI which doesn't support 240Hz.

You'd need to use DP.
I tried but when i remove the HDMI cable the screen says that there is no signal...

Attachments

• HDMI cable unplugged-min.jpg
    HDMI cable unplugged-min.jpg
    898.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Nosignal-min (2).jpg
    Nosignal-min (2).jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 121

RomG

Probably because you're on the HDMI channel.

You have to change the input to the DP.
When i change to DP1 there is a black screen even tho everything seems to be plugged in.
Edit: When i replug the DP1 screen it says : Display cable 1 plugged in..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When i change to DP1 there is a black screen even tho everything seems to be plugged in.

Did you boot on that channel? You've got it from here

So long as you're using DP cable that came with the monitor, the OSD settings on the monitor are set to 240hz and the input channel of the monitor is set to dp then it will work fine.

RomG

So long as you're using DP cable that came with the monitor, the OSD settings on the monitor are set to 240hz and the input channel of the monitor is set to dp then it will work fine.
I tried booting up my pc on the Dp1 channel but there is still that black screen.

RomG

Are there any HDMI cables that support 244 hz?

RomG

nevermind i fixed it, the problem was that I didn't plug the DP in the graphic's slot but in the motherboard and thanks for helping me and have a good day sir !