Refund disaster

deano

Has anyone else tried to take advantage of PCSP 14 day money back guarantee?
I had a pc delivered after over a month wait. I had lots of issues until it would finally not boot after 5 days. All was deemed to be fine with an RMA and it was picked up. However after initially assuring me i would get a refund, 2 weeks later I get an email telling me I am a business user and the refund policy doesn't apply to me. Firstly I never registered as a business user, my autofill delivery address started with [a company name was here - best not to include that as it may make your address obvious] and then my address. So it was deemed I was a business. I use it for playing world of tanks, and a bit of browsing. It feels to me like they searched and searched for a reason not to refund me. After lengthy emails and negotiations it was decided to give me a credit note instead, initially I was ok with that, but then to be told I will again be going to the back of the queue and could be many months before i get my system. So now I'm pushing for a refund again, and just spent 3 hours (3xcalls =7.5 hrs so far) on the phone to another useless agent, cant transfer cant help, cant do anything. The only advice was send an email. I paid using a personal credit card, so now I will have to get a charge back with them, I will get it eventually, but it might take ages, really disappointing PCSP

Last edited by a moderator:

xKMet

There T&C's state;

If you are contracting as a Business / Trade customer, this clause does not apply. Any orders by or on behalf of a business cannot be cancelled once they have been placed. An order will be deemed to be a Business Order, if it is paid via business bank account or business debit / credit card, or a company address or purchase order number has been provided.

So i guess it will all depend on if the address you provided for delivery is a private property or a business unit/office?

deano

There T&C's state;

If you are contracting as a Business / Trade customer, this clause does not apply. Any orders by or on behalf of a business cannot be cancelled once they have been placed. An order will be deemed to be a Business Order, if it is paid via business bank account or business debit / credit card, or a company address or purchase order number has been provided.

So i guess it will all depend on if the address you provided for delivery is a private property or a business unit/office?
Its my house, a private property down a residential road, its the autofill on my phone, always says company name 1st then my address i suppose

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakk

The Awesome
There T&C's state;

I was wondering if it was something like that so if the company name was in the invoice address (as is suggested by the first post in the thread) then it looks like it'll have been assumed to be a business order, this is guesswork on my part though.

The auto-filled addresses can normally be edited so as not to include the company name if it is not supposed to be there.
I know a variety of businesses have addresses in residential areas (my window cleaner does for a start)

deano

I was wondering if it was something like that so if the company name was in the invoice address (as is suggested by the first post in the thread) then it looks like it'll have been assumed to be a business order, this is guesswork on my part though.

The auto-fill addresses can normally be edited so as not to include the company name if it is not supposed to be there.
I know a variety of businesses have addresses in residential areas (my window cleaner does for a start)
This seems to be whats happened, but it wasnt my assumption, so I shouldnt be penalised for it, in my view, or am I being naive

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This seems to be whats happened, but it wasnt my assumption, so I shouldnt be penalised for it, in my view, or am I being naive
You just need to speak to them and explain the situation. As far as they know it is indeed a company address so you can understand why they've stated what they have.

deano

You just need to speak to them and explain the situation. As far as they know it is indeed a company address so you can understand why they've stated what they have.
I have, I have been liaising with Zaiyn who i told its not a business purchase or in fact a business address, to which he replied theres nothing he could do as its construed as a business purchase.

deano

@deano if your address always comes up with the company name (when it shouldn't) when using any address finder on any website, it may be worth looking on this page: https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/update-your-address as it's probably data held by the Royal Mail, otherwise it may cause future issues as well.
It doesnt usually, its just on my autofill on my phone, I just didnt take any notice. Thanks for the advice though, I will check just in case

Don Coyote

It doesnt usually, its just on my autofill on my phone, I just didnt take any notice. Thanks for the advice though, I will check just in case
I don't think the PCS credit note is quite the same as a store credit. When I cancelled my order I was issued a credit note, which means my credit card was refunded 3-5 working days later. Are you sure this is not going to be the same for yourself?

deano

I don't think the PCS credit note is quite the same as a store credit. When I cancelled my order I was issued a credit note, which means my credit card was refunded 3-5 working days later. Are you sure this is not going to be the same for yourself?
I wish, It was defo just a store credit, of which i was initially happy with, until i was told it could be months again

Rakk

The Awesome
I wish, It was defo just a store credit, of which i was initially happy with, until i was told it could be months again
Just as a thought in case you were still thinking about doing the charge back, since you have the store credit (which will be honoured) doing a charge back may be considered as fraud. Note: this is speculation on my my part, so may not be correct, but it might be.

deano

Just as a thought in case you were still thinking about doing the charge back, since you have the store credit (which will be honoured) doing a charge back may be considered as fraud. Note: this is speculation on my my part, so may not be correct, but it might be.
I have no credit loaded on, just an email saying they would meet me half way and give me the 2k as credit, as they was going to try and fix the original and send it back, but by then i had lost all faith in the build, after just 5 days use, but i see what you mean

barlew

Godlike
I have no credit loaded on, just an email saying they would meet me half way and give me the 2k as credit, as they was going to try and fix the original and send it back, but by then i had lost all faith in the build, after just 5 days use, but i see what you mean
I'd do the charge-back and move on. I've got to say I am surprised this stance is being taken.