Regrets

Deklore

Bright Spark
Deklores List

1. Not checking on here first before ordering my pc.
2. Buying the missus Sims3.
3. Listening to Gormans music from his music thread.

Does anyone else have any regrets they wish to share?

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Deklores List

1. Not checking on here first before ordering my pc.
2. Buying the missus Sims3.
3. Listening to Gormans music from his music thread.

Does anyone else have any regrets they wish to share?

Case COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-760 Quad Core (2.80GHz, 8MB Cache) + Turbo Boost
Motherboard ASUS® P7P55 LX: USB 2.0 & SATA 3.0Gb/s, CrossFireX™ SUPPORT
Memory (RAM) 4GB KINGSTON HYPER-X T1 DUAL-DDR3 2000MHz, X.M.P (2 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5850 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
1st Hard Disk 750GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD20EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply & Case Cooling 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)
Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER (£39)
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Yeah you could have saved quite a bit of money by dropping the RAM down to 1333mhz and using the stock cooler.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Yeah you could have saved quite a bit of money by dropping the RAM down to 1333mhz and using the stock cooler.
Was looking for a machine that could basically multitask fast, figured the faster ram would be beneficial rather than more ram.
As for the cooler, my logic was having the best possible cooling for the cpu so i get the maximum lifespan, overclocked or not. Didnt want to compromise when it came to the possible longevity of the system, as this is the last purchase for a long time.
Several years completely out the picture was the result of those choices, then i discovered this forum AFTER the order was put in.

Ohh well dems the breaks. :)

Sleinous

Author Level
Was looking for a machine that could basically multitask fast, figured the faster ram would be beneficial rather than more ram.
As for the cooler, my logic was having the best possible cooling for the cpu so i get the maximum lifespan, overclocked or not. Didnt want to compromise when it came to the possible longevity of the system, as this is the last purchase for a long time.
Several years completely out the picture was the result of those choices, then i discovered this forum AFTER the order was put in.

Ohh well dems the breaks. :)

The spec is good though so I wouldnt worry about it :) I'd have changed the HDD to the 64mb cached version, and downgraded the RAM as more RAM is better than faster RAM but less of it. HOWEVER, 8gb modules will be hitting the market soonw hich will force 2GB and 4GB modules down in price so good job you didnt max out your motherboard, now you can buy some extra T1 memory for alot less in a few months time.

Deklore

Bright Spark
I'd have changed the HDD to the 64mb cached version
Yep, the HDD is one of the things i would have changed. As for the RAM i need to sew up that big hole in my pocket first, perhaps by the time im done it will have dropped in price :)

Sleinous

Author Level
Yep, the HDD is one of the things i would have changed. As for the RAM i need to sew up that big hole in my pocket first, perhaps by the time im done it will have dropped in price :)

Deffinatly, it wont be long before it drops past the £50 mark. My Kingston HyperX 1600MHZ has dropped to £97 but this is because there seems to be a newer version with a latency of 8-8-8-24 knockinga bout as oposed to my 9-9-9-27's. Weird seeing as even the Kingston website still displays 9-9-9-27 and no 8-8-8-24 as far as I could see, and thsi RAM was HyperX not T1 or anything.

Sleinous

Author Level
Portrayed by the number of spec changes I imagine? :p

Or are we talking about regrets generally? Bahh opportunity cost at its finest!

Rakk

The Awesome
Think the only regret I have with my machine is not getting a hard drive with a better cache, hey, I'll wait til the next gen SSD's come out and maybe get a better drive then, oh and not getting the free Office software that has limited functionality (my office 2000 still works, it's just a bit ancient ......)

Sleinous

Author Level
My regret is ordering a couple of weeks before free games were being dished out with gtx 470s lol....

Yeah im waiting for 3rd gen intel ssd :D

Deklore

Bright Spark
Dont worry Lazy. All you have to say to Sleinous is that your getting a HDD with 64MB Cache and that tends to keep him generally happy.

I of course forgot to do that so he spray painted my pc a bright pink before it went out as a lesson. :p

Lazy

haha...one of my upgrades was to a 64mb cache HDD....I didn't order the silver waranty though. Perhaps my PC will arrive in a subtle shade of puce?