Remapping Fn Keys

I keep accidentally hitting the sleep button when I'm trying to mute or change volume. And of course it interrupts any full screen program I'm running causing hangs or crashes if I'm gaming.

I have the CosmoII and the function keys run
Fn+F3 - Mute
Fn+F4 - Sleep
Fn+F5 - Vol up
Fn+F6 - Vol down

Does anyone know how to change the mapping of the Fn keys and could they write a rough guide please?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
On windows setting you can go into power options (The Battery icon on the task bar)
There should be an option to "Change Buttons" of "What happens when i close the lid"
You can change the sleep button to do "nothing"
That is the only way i know off.
I had exactly the same problem.
Sorry i cant tell you the exact procedure as i'm at work at the moment but can post more when i get home if you need.
What version of Windows you running?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I keep accidentally hitting the sleep button when I'm trying to mute or change volume. And of course it interrupts any full screen program I'm running causing hangs or crashes if I'm gaming.

I have the CosmoII and the function keys run
Fn+F3 - Mute
Fn+F4 - Sleep
Fn+F5 - Vol up
Fn+F6 - Vol down

Does anyone know how to change the mapping of the Fn keys and could they write a rough guide please?

I would expect these keys to be mapped in the BIOS. I know of no way to change them.

I have seen posts other places for different BIOS in which you can change them, but I didn't know about the specifics for this brand of laptop.

Thanks SmokeDarknight, I'll probably just do that for now. And its Windows7