Removing ASUS Armoury Crate

Logicdon

So I decided I wanted to install AIsuite3 to play with fan curves on the motherboard. The idea was to find a sweet curve that was quiet but still cooling, then go into BIOS and set that curve.

It didn't really help, the fans are just noisy beggars.

So I downloaded the 'uninstall' app from ASUS, ran it and all done.....or so I thought.

Opening task manager I saw that Armoury Crate was running in processes! In services I saw 3 instances of ASUS running!

I then renamed the ASUS folders in my C drive, this has stopped the services. Can I now delete these folders safely (I renamed them so I could restore the original name incase things went bad).

After a bit of googling apparently this program is known to be a pain to remove.

So, now that I have stopped the services, should I just carry on regardless or should I reinstall windows to be thoroughly rid.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Logicdon

Ye, thanks for the Fan Control tip. I downloaded it, but decided I didn't want it, and couldn't get rid of that without a system restore!
I don't know if this is a windows 11 thing, but it was far simpler in the golden age of windows XP. Them days I could could do stuff without thinking I might break something

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When you click “start with Windows” option in Fan Control, it adds a task to Task Scheduler to start with windows. So you need to delete this task to prevent windows trying to start it after you’ve delete the fan control files.