Replacing a Motherboard

Tracker

Enthusiast
I need to replace the motherboard on my pc (it's definately broken, having stripped the pc a few months ago and running it on a low budget GPU / a single stick of memory / a usb soundcard / a new 200gb harddrive and replaced all the cables from sata to power cables, I've found that the USB controller on it, at least, isn't working (randomly turn on to find that half the ports stopped working, a fault I've had intermittently since I've got it).

I want to get a new motherboard, I don't particularly want anything ultra high end, just something that is both reliable and will comfortabley fit the components I currently have (something easy to use would be nice too, the maximus i have currently, despite being buggy, is a breeze to fit stuff in and out of and the bios is nice and simple too).

can anyone suggest a mobo to use? if it makes it any easier, I might just ditch my GTX 590 and put a 780 in it instead, too.

Last edited:

Tracker

Enthusiast
awesome x3 nice and simple! Will that fit the GTX 590 & the sound card? or will i need to get a single slot card? (I just don't get PCI slots xD) and what's the difference between the Z77-A and the P8Z77-V LX? (on the asus website it suggests it as a similar product, and they seem to cost about the same, there's a shop nearby me that I could get the LX from, or I could order the Z77 via amazon).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I think LX does not support SLI, the z77-A should be fine with the gpu and soundcard