replacing a VG248QE

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
I have 2 options from what PCs have in stock atm plus my willing to pay vs the best of the best price. My old monitor is starting to indicate it needs retired, with the no DP signal error triggering a lot in last few days.

So restrictions if you have others in mind, max £400 / 144hz at least / ideally 24 inch but no bigger than 27 inch as space is an issue with the tower, I am trying to keep a foot of free air around the tower on a corner table [ Monitor left / Tower in middle / Printer on right ]

So these 2 come up inside my requirements but both have reviewers singing there praises, but reviews and actual gamers see things differently, so have at it.

IIYAMA G-MASTER GB2760QSU-B1 27 vs AOC AGON AG271QX 27

MrWilson

Godlike
I have 2 options from what PCs have in stock atm plus my willing to pay vs the best of the best price. My old monitor is starting to indicate it needs retired, with the no DP signal error triggering a lot in last few days.

So restrictions if you have others in mind, max £400 / 144hz at least / ideally 24 inch but no bigger than 27 inch as space is an issue with the tower, I am trying to keep a foot of free air around the tower on a corner table [ Monitor left / Tower in middle / Printer on right ]

So these 2 come up inside my requirements but both have reviewers singing there praises, but reviews and actual gamers see things differently, so have at it.

IIYAMA G-MASTER GB2760QSU-B1 27 vs AOC AGON AG271QX 27
Please could you post your build specs?
PCS honestly don't have a great monitor selection, you can get more choice and better prices if you shop around.
With £400 budget I would probably be looking at a 27 inch 1440p 144hz display, but I'll reassess once I see your specs. :)

MrWilson

Godlike
Ok, had a look at your specs. You've got an absolute monster of a system here, what are you planning to use it for besides gaming?
I'm also confused on your willingness to splash out £1500 for a GPU and only £400 for a monitor. To make use of the GPU you'll need to spend upwards of £800 on a 4k 144hz display, otherwise it would be well worth downgrading to the 3070 and getting a solid 1440p monitor with the money saved.

MrWilson

Godlike

A few of my colleagues have posted some very solid amendments on this thread. I would highly recommend taking another look at them.

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
Because my current monitor is dying and I need a quick replacement, I had planned on something to do it justice by June but my current one has been saying I'm dying for last 3 days so trying to get another asap as none my old backup monitors have DP only HDMI 1.4 at best as the Zotac 3090 only has DP and HDMI 2.1