resetting windows/ selling pc question

leea123

Enthusiast
Hi all am ordering a new pc from pc spec, and selling current pc to a friend . I want to reset the pc so he has clean windows to log in with and to basically clean the pc .
Am i right in saying i will need to format my other ssd first to clear them ,and then use the windows option to reset the pc , and this will just have windows and remove anything else on the windows hdd .Or would this stage also format the other ssd as well so no need to format them first ?
Thank you

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Windows reset will only affect the installation drive, so if you have a Windows drive (C: ) and a secondary drive (D: for example) only C: would be affected :) So if you are doing a reset for re-sell purposes I would format any additional drives prior to resetting.

Hope that helps!

leea123

Enthusiast
Windows reset will only affect the installation drive, so if you have a Windows drive (C: ) and a secondary drive (D: for example) only C: would be affected :) So if you are doing a reset for re-sell purposes I would format any additional drives prior to resetting.

Hope that helps!
Thank you for that so i will use the format option on the other two drives first , then the windows reset option. Thank you

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Perfect :) Let us know if you need anything else we're more than happy to help!