Resident Evil Village

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Any one played it yet, if so whats it like, I've no experience of the series
I have played through start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed this one. I've played all the other Resi games and I felt this one was fun with quite a few jump scares throughout. If anything I found it a bit too easy playing it on normal difficultly, if you're more interested in the story then I'd play it on Normal/Easy. The story follows on from Resident Evil Biohazard, so unless you have played that one the story won't make much sense, but you could just read the synopsis online 😆

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have played through start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed this one. I've played all the other Resi games and I felt this one was fun with quite a few jump scares throughout. If anything I found it a bit too easy playing it on normal difficultly, if you're more interested in the story then I'd play it on Normal/Easy. The story follows on from Resident Evil Biohazard, so unless you have played that one the story won't make much sense, but you could just read the synopsis online 😆
I'm playing it on easy and watched the flashback about the previous one, I'm very early in the story so will see how it goes

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Started playing last night, got a bit confused about a few things so got so far, saved it and went and found a walk through, this guy is hilarious

I’m glad I gave away a code for this game. First person horror game is the worst person horror game.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I want to give this a go, but I've still never got around to finishing RE7, and so can't really justify buying Village while I have other unfinished games in the series. Still, it'll probably appear on Humble Choice eventually, so that could be my route to getting it!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I want to give this a go, but I've still never got around to finishing RE7, and so can't really justify buying Village while I have other unfinished games in the series. Still, it'll probably appear on Humble Choice eventually, so that could be my route to getting it!
I still need to finish 7 also, won't play it until then.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Finished 7 yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The interesting thing with the Resident Evil games is that the difficulty doesn't seem to cliff. So many games I start to enjoy and then hit a wall of zero progression and I get bored. RE doesn't tend to do this, enemies increase in number but not often in difficulty. The bosses take some figuring out, but again the skill require for defeat is more being clever rather than good.

Granted... I played it on Easy, but that was due to using a controller for aim (rather than keyboard and mouse).

I'm thinking that Village will be next on my hit list. Recently completed RE2 and RE7 so it seems like a natural progression.

One of the best gaming series I've ever known. I'll never forget the first time the dog jumped through the window in the original RE..... even though... due to a certain source... the version I played was called Bio Hazard :ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'll never forget the first time the dog jumped through the window in the original RE.
That particular moment is ingrained in a collective consciousness for people of our age! A few years ago we took advantage of our National Trust membership and went to Blickling Hall in Norfolk for a wander. As we walked through a long corridor I heard a guy ahead of us say ‘I’m half expecting a zombie dog to smash through that window any minute now’

Bhuna50

Author Level
Would you recommend playing earlier RE games beforehand? Is there a flowing storyline or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Would you recommend playing earlier RE games beforehand? Is there a flowing storyline or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the first one I've played and it does take up after the previous one, but there is a historical recap of the events of the previous game at the start so you know the history behind the story

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
RE7 felt more stand alone. I think you needed to play the DLC to get the links.

Would highly recommend playing at least 2 & 7 though.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I really enjoyed the RE3 Remake.
Nemesis (RE3) was the first Resident Evil game that I owned - I only played the original 2 when I was borrowing them off a mate. Having heard that the remake is a bit thin on content, I'm waiting for a mega sale before going near it!