Resolution issues

Arnie1905

Hi all, I've just got a new monitor. It's native resolution is 2k but has a 4k option on nvidia control panel. For some reason when I play a game in fullscreen it switches to 4k and limits my fps to 144 (the monitor is 2k 240hz). It only does this for games on steam. Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all, I've just got a new monitor. It's native resolution is 2k but has a 4k option on nvidia control panel. For some reason when I play a game in fullscreen it switches to 4k and limits my fps to 144 (the monitor is 2k 240hz). It only does this for games on steam. Anyone got any idea how to fix this?
What make and model is the monitor?

Arnie1905

1660853399155.png

I've already tried this to no joy :(

Arnie1905

Because the monitors osd pops up and says 3840x2160. And my frames don't go above 144hz. And that combination is the top combination of resolution and refresh rate on nvidia control panel for this monitor. (2k, aka, 2560x1440, has (native) next to it below this option).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Because the monitors osd pops up and says 3840x2160. And my frames don't go above 144hz. And that combination is the top combination of resolution and refresh rate on nvidia control panel for this monitor. (2k, aka, 2560x1440, has (native) next to it below this option).
Ok, lets take it back to basics, what resolution have you got set in windows?

Can you take a screenshot?

And sorry to ask, but where are you getting the make and model of the monitor from? Did you buy it new or second hand?

Arnie1905

Its 2560x1440. I got the monitor from overclockers. It was brand new and says the model number FI32Q-X on the box and the back of the monitor. The make is gigabyte.
1660855057614.png

Arnie1905

I've had a look but can't find anything. I even tried updating the monitors firmware but that didn't help. Thank you for you're help spyder! It's really appreciated :) I've contacted gigabyte and asked them how to solve the issue so hopefully they have a fix!