RESOLVED - Feedback on recent purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

polla2256

I am a just graduated student wich has been working as a waiter for three years while studying at university in a country which is not the one I born in. I have been saving for at least 2 and half years to buy this laptop and start to study overnight to prepare classes and try to change my job. Not all the people are running businesses with contingent plans / can rely on some sort of support. I called my business because I invested all of my energy in being able to work as a teacher and all of my projects were limited by hardware deficit.

I hope this make sense, I feel utterly stressed by this situation, I feel stuck after all the sacrifice I made to buy a laptop and feel completely ignored by a company that took all of my saving for a product that:

1. does not work

2. it is making me waste an incredible amount of time that I scheduled to use to finish the lectures I am preparing.
Have you considered a cloud back up and virtual machine ? I understand this would represent an ongoing service cost but has a significantly lower outlay compared to a second machine. Continuity of service can mean the difference between struggling a bit and total business collapse. Might be something to consider.

Gebb

Have you considered a cloud back up and virtual machine ? I understand this would represent an ongoing service cost but has a significantly lower outlay compared to a second machine. Continuity of service can mean the difference between struggling a bit and total business collapse. Might be something to consider.
Thanks for your suggestion, it is really good advice.

For this instance, however, I need a high specs laptop to run incredibly demanding software (TouchDesigner, Houdini) that often require real-time rendering.

From what I can understand, a virtual machine would still be limited by hardware specification?

Thanks a lot anyway for your intervention, i am sure this information will be incredibly helpfull in the future. I had no idea virtual machines existed in that sense!

Thanks for your suggestion, it is really good advice.

For this instance, however, I need a high specs laptop to run incredibly demanding software (TouchDesigner, Houdini) that often require real-time rendering.

From what I can understand, a virtual machine would still be limited by hardware specification?

Thanks a lot anyway for your intervention, i am sure this information will be incredibly helpfull in the future. I had no idea virtual machines existed in that sense!
You should checkthis out https://shadow.tech.

Gebb

Update:

They confirmed that the PC was faulty and then they decided to offer me a refund minus around 600£ (justified by the fact that the system was over 6 months old). I told them that the victim was me and that I was not intentioned to pay 600£ for having wasted such a considerable amount of time and I escalated the refund request.

Finally, after a few phone call and emails, I managed to get my money back. The amount I had to spend, the energy I had to use and the stress caused me.

barlew

Godlike
Update:

They confirmed that the PC was faulty and then they decided to offer me a refund minus around 600£ (justified by the fact that the system was over 6 months old). I told them that the victim was me and that I was not intentioned to pay 600£ for having wasted such a considerable amount of time and I escalated the refund request.

Finally, after a few phone call and emails, I managed to get my money back. The amount I had to spend, the energy I had to use and the stress caused me.
I am glad you managed to get all your money back. Seems like the right outcome in the end.

Gebb

I am glad you managed to get all your money back. Seems like the right outcome in the end.
Yes, part of my post has been deleted by the moderator, I expressed my personal opinion regarding my experience but apparently, moderators did not like it.

Yes, part of my post has been deleted by the moderator, I expressed my personal opinion regarding my experience but apparently, moderators did not like it.
to be completely honest most companies would not budge on a partial refund so your very lucky glad it was sorted for you your issue has been resolved if you would like to give your personal opinion and vent you should write a review on Trustpilot in fairness the pepole on this forum did help you and you have been reminded countless times that your not allowed to do that according to forum rules but goodluck in future

Gebb

to be completely honest most companies would not budge on a partial refund so your very lucky glad it was sorted for you your issue has been resolved if you would like to give your personal opinion and vent you should write a review on Trustpilot in fairness the pepole on this forum did help you and you have been reminded countless times that your not allowed to do that according to forum rules but goodluck in future
I was not venting, I thought that it was fair to write a roundup of my experience start to finish and a personal opinion.

Gavras

Master Poster
I personally do, which actually resulted in about an extra 10 people in the 3080 queue lol.

Definitely better than some, however some things could be ironed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally do, which actually resulted in about an extra 10 people in the 3080 queue lol.

Definitely better than some, however some things could be ironed out.
1610215762443.png

Status
Not open for further replies.