Returns to Refund - timeline?

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
Hi All,

Can anyone advice me on how long it will take for a refund to be processed for a delivered desktop?

Background:
Desktop PC orderd in Dec 2020, delivered in january, returned twice immediately after delivery (in Jan 21 and In March 21) due to issues (after troubleshooting etc), after a core rebuild (where a few parts werereplaced) its the same issue, so returned a 3rd time , asking for a refund.

I was told I would be contacted by the refunds team in a week, but no contact yet.

Anyone, who has returned a product, please provide the timelines you have seen for the refund. I am a lot delayed on my new PC (for video editing) and i need to get the money back to order another one.

Thanks

How did you pay? Normally card refunds take 3-5 working days to appear on your statement again once processed.

I would definitely chase it up with PCS if it’s been a while since you sent it back even if it’s to confirm that they’ve processed it their end

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
How did you pay? Normally card refunds take 3-5 working days to appear on your statement again once processed.

I would definitely chase it up with PCS if it’s been a while since you sent it back even if it’s to confirm that they’ve processed it their end
Credit card.
Thanks for that.

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
What was the issue you were having?
1) Blue screen - uncorrectable error, multiple times.
2) sudden cut out to black screen without BSOD.

setup: Ryzen 3950x, Asus crossshair hero 8, rtx 3090, 8gb x 4 ram 3600mhz which, on the 2nd RMA changed to 32gb X 2 3000 MHz

what was done: Long 3 hour troubleshoots including ram removal and replacement etc. PCS suggested it’s hardware related. Removed and reconnected ram and GPU on all occasions, tried with individual ram sticks, but continued. However, replacing ram (on the 2nd RMA changed from 8gbx4 3600mhz to 32gbx2 3000) and a core rebuild by replacing RAM and processor to new ones, didn’t make any difference.
After 3.5 months of RMAs , and not having the pc with me for more than a day each time, decided on getting a refund.

Ash_

Master Poster
Ah, understandable. I thought blue screens were generally gpu related personally. Ram would be freezing or failing to boot etc. Although i have never had a gpu fail on me in that way.

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
makes sense. In the core rebuild, PCS changed the cpu and rams but not the the GPU or the PSU. The dark reboots happened with with a ‘tick’ noise - similar to the one you hear when some desktops switch on. While I mentioned it to PCS, they didn’t think PSU was at fault.

Ash_

Master Poster
The tick sounds more like a ram issue. I’d have thought they’d just do a brand new build and send that out and then individually test the components to find the issue.

The tick sounds more like a ram issue. I’d have thought they’d just do a brand new build and send that out and then individually test the components to find the issue.
I would have thought they would even suggest such an option. The core rebuild was ahalf hearted attempt at that I guess. And again, getting another 3090 and 5950x for a rebuild probably isn’t practical at the moment. Anyways, a refund would be good for me now. I don’t see a choice but look for other options.

the PC was delivered on Wednesday but PCS hasn’t updated it as “received” yet. Hopefully soon. Then talk to the refund team and then refund. Hopefully a simple process.