Reuse drives.

Alagix

Hey, hope I picked an ok topic section to post in.

I'll be getting my new PC tomorrow from PCS, its going to come with a SSD and a HDD with windows I'm guessing being on the SSD. I would like to reuse the old drives from my old PC if possible. The old one has the same setup as the new, 1 SSD and 1 HDD. I gather with the HDD I can just unplug and move over?
With the old SSD though, that has windows installed on it. Is that going to cause me a problem when I install it, do I need to wipe it clean or do some sort of factory reset on it so it doesn't clash with the new SSD?

Hope that all makes sense, cheers for any replies:)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, it’s fine to transfer them both across.

With the old windows ssd, transfer it across to the new PC, boot into your new shiny desktop, then go into disk management and find the old ssd, right click and format the entire drive. Obviously if there’s any data you need off it copy that off first.

PCS have an open chassis policy so you can make upgrades and additions as you like without affecting warranty, so long as you don’t damage anything in the process.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
P.s.., if you get time, it’s always nice to see photos and a little review. I’m so jealous, there’s nothing better than new electronics!

Alagix

Oh sure thing, I spent the weekend cleaning and prepping my desk and the area around where it's going to live lol Got to have that nice habitat for it to nestle into and make it's own. ^^

Thanks for reply btw :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh sure thing, I spent the weekend cleaning and prepping my desk and the area around where it's going to live lol Got to have that nice habitat for it to nestle into and make it's own. ^^

Thanks for reply btw :D
My room has been completely given over to tech and music... it's quite rediculous really, vinyl boxes all over the floor, literally covering everywhere, and the PC is so damn huge that it takes up half the space under my desk! Wouldn't have it any other way :ROFLMAO: