Review - Recoil Series 17.3in Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB LED Widescreen 2560x1440 G-Sync i7 3.6GHz 128GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4

BerIva

Hi there 👋

I bought a laptop recently (October 2021), due to a busy time I only could start using it more frequently just in 2022.
I waited with this feedback so it would not be premature.

So overall I am happy to have a new machine (my old one died quite suddenly after 6ys in motherboard malfunction).
As I am a software dev I wanted a powerful machine so I built this one online. This machine is not really a laptop, it is more like having a portable desktop PC.
There are some negatives:
- tiny bit difficult to use the keyboard as the right Shift key is shorter and is not below the Enter key, so evey time instead of Shift I keep typing up arrow, making the text I am writing jibberish so I have to keep concentrating on where I put my fingers lol ⌨️😵
- the laptop is extremely LOUD, I did not yet figure it out what happens when it does that, but when it spins up the fans to max speed it is like some rocket lol, and it does this like any time, randomly, even when I only run a browser with a google serach then out of sudden it starts (presumably due to windows update installs...)📢
- even if I turn off the colorful LEDs and minimize screen brightness and use it without WiFi enabled, the battery only lasts for 45-60 mins which is not what I expected, I would expect if I don't use all the power this machine should really last for 3-4 hours and not for one hour - and honestly this is my biggest pain🔋
- I noticed, and after several hours of research I am certain that it was a mistake to choose Killer Network Adapter, it not only throttles the CPU for no reason but also is not reliable! - it started dropping the connection and even at the third start up it stopped working, so I had to use a WiFi stick to be able to fix it, what I finally needed to do is disable its features and remove its service... So now the WiFi connection works and stable.📡
- having to need TWO poweradapters to operate the machine is very unexpected and makes things very bulky, when I ordered I thought they send two for redundancy, because it is well known fact that when you buy a new laptop in most of the times you gotta contact customer support in the first week is because as soon as you turn the machine on the poweradapter blows up (like my spouse's HP...)🔌
- even though I have not dropped the machine and also nothing had been fallen on it, the black paint started to come off LMAO :oops: - attached an image

There are positives too:
- the configuration I bought is really powerful, although did not yet have the time to play games!!! argh... so that big test is yet to come - but for developing apps and compiling stuff it is very nice
- really like the bottom of the machine, neat and nicely lets air flow and cool the machine (image attached)
- also there are enough ports
- the screen is nice, and happy with the integrated cam and sound too
Image attached of its boot up.

Well, anyway, this is going to be my PC for a few years now - I really hope it will last a good few years.

Cheers.