RGB Keyboard flickers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I see where you are going with this, and I had a look before posting here; no unknown device, yellow triangle and the audio devices are detected as it should.

I'll send a pic later today and I can even send a recording of the click, but I am doubting the software trouble as it is and think it has more something to do with power in the motherboard, as per my OP
Ok, I won't take it any further but my guess is your windows isn't configured properly going by what you've said.

But you ordered without windows so you must know what you're doing.

InTheMood

Bronze Level Poster
This 'windows is not configured properly' stance is like your wildcard Spydertracks! Sometimes hardware do fail and let's not be afraid of hinting at it :).

I do know my way around computers, I've also read a wealth of PCS forum posts on fresh Windows install and the process advised by yourself and other commenters: fresh install, update Windows and reboot all the way, only install the missing drivers and optional apps such as Soundblaster. This is all well and good, but unless you're suggesting there is some mysterious configuration process that needs to happen on top of all of this to get a basic built-in headphone jack to work reliably, other diagnostics methods should be looked at.

Now, whether or not that is something you can help with is another topic altogether! I was hoping for some alternative diagnostic methods that doesn't involve chasing shorts and power delivery issues physically on the mobo before sending it for RMA; maybe some smart diagnostics app that could show some irregularities; that is certainly something I'm not too in the loop with because I rarely - if ever - have faulty self installed W10 computers :).

Thank you for trying though :) - I'll see what PCS suggests and will report back. If anyone peek on here and has another idea to go about this I'm certainly interested!

InTheMood

Bronze Level Poster
Heya,

Show of good faith;

1651170580554.png

1651170593181.png

We've started a RMA process with PCS. Will continue to update in case it is helpful to anyone.

I've recording the click directly from the source - this is heard every 10s or so from the headphone output:

And this is what the waveform actually looks like:

1651170667557.png

In audio world that could very much be something to do with voltage... To be continued.

InTheMood

Bronze Level Poster
Happy to report that the laptop was fixed by PCS themselves. The faults were found, and the whole laptop's components were replaced. Sadly the tech didn't explain what happened in there but he judged best to do a full rebuild.

Moral of the story; sometimes hardware do fail!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The moral of the story is that with any custom laptop or desktop, you're going to have to learn to troubleshoot. You can of course rely on PCS for fixes, that's what the warranty is exactly for, but on the forum, we try to teach people how to investigate a failure or problem component at least so they can report their findings to PCS if it does turn out to be a hardware issue.

The method to do this is first rule out software, then isolate the component. This isn't something that you just know, there are processes you follow to gradually reduce the areas of interest.

It's a very methodical process, takes time and patience.