RIP Anthoine Hubert of F2

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just a tragic loss, really promising 22 year old driver dies yesterday in a horrific accident on lap 2. He was hit by another car side on after going into the barriers, didn’t stand a chance.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends and colleagues.

So sad.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Same here, my thoughts are with his family, his team, and his friends. I've seen a video of the crash and it's horrific, I hope he lost consciousness immediately. Spa is a great track and very quick, but it's also one of the most dangerous. The barrier that was supposed to cushion the impact of Anthoine's car, instead bounced him back towards the track where he was struck by another car. Horrible.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Same here, my thoughts are with his family, his team, and his friends. I've seen a video of the crash and it's horrific, I hope he lost consciousness immediately. Spa is a great track and very quick, but it's also one of the most dangerous. The barrier that was supposed to cushion the impact of Anthoine's car, instead bounced him back towards the track where he was struck by another car. Horrible.
Yep, I saw the crash too, i didn’t post a link as that would be a bit morbid in my eyes. Apparently he went quickly and was unconscious immediately after the accident which I’m relieved about, hopefully he didn’t experience too much pain.

That corner is quite notorious.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That corner is quite notorious.
It is. It's part of the original (and longer) track which was laid out long before modern safety features were available and when the cars ran a lot slower. It's understandable that they want to keep that part of the original track, and creating a proper run-off area on that bank is going to be difficult and expensive, but it just not acceptable to have run-off areas and barriers that throw cars back towards the track.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It is. It's part of the original (and longer) track which was laid out long before modern safety features were available and when the cars ran a lot slower. It's understandable that they want to keep that part of the original track, and creating a proper run-off area on that bank is going to be difficult and expensive, but it just not acceptable to have run-off areas and barriers that throw cars back towards the track.
Absolutely, the car should have rested in the barrier, I thought that's exactly what those barriers were designed for?

iTuMoRz

I'm hijacking this topic to know if there is an official topic for F1 ?

As I just saw that Max re-signed until 2023 with Redbull