RIP Steve Jobs

rontuo

It is always sad when someone dies, particularly someone who is a public figure and with whom we can to a certain extent punctuate our own lives. It is also sad that the cult of celebrity leads to much sackcloth and ashes (the well known saint, Princess Di anyone?) and overreaction. I've never bought an Apple product, not because they are not good, but because they have flaws I can't live with, but I can still say RIP Steve. And mean it. Then move on.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Was quite odd this. I was in Chicago on my hols when this happened. I have seen the reports etc back home and it really was a different thing over there. I am not saying it wasnt big news here, but it had nothing on the States.

The day after he died, me and the gf were walking up Chicagos main street in the evening and the amount of post-its and candles and all that gumph outside/on the windows of the apple store was amazing to see. You see them on the news these things, but up close it is staggering the effect the guy had on so many.

Tis a loss indeed and even if you dont like apple (I dont particularly) you cant really knock this guy's vision and creativity and what he brought to the table :)

Oh and I did love the fact his death coooooooooommmmmmmmmplllllllleeeeeeteely over shadowed Sarah Palin's announcement...was funny that...master stroke? :D

DED