RMA Problem!

Zoltarian

Hi all,

I am sorry if I am posting at the wrong place but I needed to put my frustration somewhere and seek some guidance.

I bought my laptop with really good expectations and to be honest I was happy with the product I got. I realized my screen is not attached to the backside correctly while opening the laptop you can see between the screen and backside. I felt like it could cause further problems and ask for RMA. I checked the FAQ before I send it out and it was telling me "Typically RMAs can take up to 2 weeks, this depends on the volume of repairs, stock, and the complexity of the issue. The technician will send you updates with how your system is getting on." so I decided to do that. Now it has been almost 2 months since I sent my laptop. and the response I got when I asked about my laptop is this "From what I can see the laptop is still waiting to be assigned to a technician and unfortunately I do not have any eta on when it will be back with you ?"

I wasn't thinking bad before but now I feel like getting scammed. I know it is not the case but it is not my fault to be provided with a faulty product. I think I have been patient enough. I bought a new laptop and now after RMA, I will have an old one. I am sorry for this but just wanted to share my experience. If there is anything I should do please let me know. I put the photo below to make you understand how small the issue was. I kind of regret I haven't just fixed it myself.

Untitled.jpg

Citrus_9

Expert
Hi all,

I am sorry if I am posting at the wrong place but I needed to put my frustration somewhere and seek some guidance.

I bought my laptop with really good expectations and to be honest I was happy with the product I got. I realized my screen is not attached to the backside correctly while opening the laptop you can see between the screen and backside. I felt like it could cause further problems and ask for RMA. I checked the FAQ before I send it out and it was telling me "Typically RMAs can take up to 2 weeks, this depends on the volume of repairs, stock, and the complexity of the issue. The technician will send you updates with how your system is getting on." so I decided to do that. Now it has been almost 2 months since I sent my laptop. and the response I got when I asked about my laptop is this "From what I can see the laptop is still waiting to be assigned to a technician and unfortunately I do not have any eta on when it will be back with you ?"

I wasn't thinking bad before but now I feel like getting scammed. I know it is not the case but it is not my fault to be provided with a faulty product. I think I have been patient enough. I bought a new laptop and now after RMA, I will have an old one. I am sorry for this but just wanted to share my experience. If there is anything I should do please let me know. I put the photo below to make you understand how small the issue was. I kind of regret I haven't just fixed it myself.

View attachment 26815
I think it's good to share any experiences, good or bad, if they're put in a civilised way. Your feedback is nicely put and informative. I really feel it's a decent complaint in this instance. Could you drop us your full specs from the order page? Just wondering, maybe some of the parts are also holding this...

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
I agree that this is not a very nice experience and is not really an acceptable level of service one should expect. It is a shame that you have experienced this as most contact I have had with PCS has been good (although I did have to wait 5 weeks myself for an RMA earlier this year on a new laptop).

My only suggestion to you would be to now follow the below information and look to escalate your issue with PCS directly:

1622855035050.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
None of us work for PCS of course, but the key word in the PCS statement on RMA times was "typically". These are still anything but typical times. There are still many COVID restrictions in place at PCS, quite probably including a reduced on-site staffing level. On top of that the lockdowns have massively increased the number of computers being sold by PCS and that of course results in a corresponding increase in the number of RMAs. They're thus having to do more with fewer staff in restricted conditions. The worldwide chip shortages aren't helping either.

As for thinking you've been scammed, just ask for a full refund and go elsewhere.

MathewEvan449

@Zoltarian I completely understand how you feel. I had to RMA my laptop 6 weeks ago. I do find the lack of comms around a estimated ETA highly frustrating. I asked support about queue/backlog and for a ruff eta, which they simply said they are not allowed to discuss it. It was frustrating to hear. When i RMAd my laptop the original support engineer told me it would take 5-6 weeks.

So I suspect those handling the online tickets + online chat simply do not have access to that data, hence cant say anything but don't want to admit that. It might be worth calling them instead for a update. Hopefully we will both hear back from them soon :)

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
This is one of the reasons why I`m hesitating to handle in my Valeon for RMA , if it is going to take 6 weeks or more ( worse in summer due to staff holiday`s ) I would likely be better off selling it, and hope that next buyer does not care as much of the imprinting of keys to LCD panel when lid is closed. Yes RMA would likely give me the full amount back , but I`d have to wait two months for it , as opposed to whatever time it takes to sell it and hopefully get close enough to 80 % of value. Time is indeed money and being without a main PC for that long , is worse than not getting 100 % value back , atleast for me.

Zoltarian

I got my laptop back after 6 weeks but still, the main problem stays. "As previously discussed, we have since replaced the screen adhesive with a newer, stronger variant." I got this note with my RMA return but I don't see any difference from what I sent. My screen is still not attached to the back and I still have a gap as much as before. I don't know what can I do now. I'm curious if this problem is a usual problem for the Defiance series case. I will go abroad and I don't want to send it back again for another 6 weeks. My laptop is 1 year old almost without using it :)

My basic spec is this by the way.
Chassis & DisplayDefiance Series: 17.3" Matte, Full HD, 144Hz, Pantone Validated 72% NTSC, LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H (2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 Max-Q - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)