rma still awaiting collection

tophat57

I have recently booked in an rma for my new build pc that did not post it worked some day and then the next day it did not so one of the staff has booked in for rma and it was deliverd on friday the 19th.feb.2021 and now it still says awaiting collection and it is the 22.feb.2021 i am a bit diapointed since this was brand new pc for me had to wait a month for it and now am waiting for rma. Any idea how long this takes it says on the website it takes 24hr to be scanned in and 2-7 days for rma. Pls could someone advise me

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
RMA'ed my 17" Defiance on 25 March and it is still waiting to be looked at. I'm not too bothered, as I've already bought (and received) a replacement laptop and am planning on selling the Defiance once it is fixed (CPU heat issue and dead SSD) and returned. Though I am hoping to have it back while graphics card prices are still inflated, as I'm betting even a 2070 MaxQ system will still fetch a decent price!

Relish

Bronze Level Poster
RMA'ed my 17" Defiance on 25 March and it is still waiting to be looked at. I'm not too bothered, as I've already bought (and received) a replacement laptop and am planning on selling the Defiance once it is fixed (CPU heat issue and dead SSD) and returned. Though I am hoping to have it back while graphics card prices are still inflated, as I'm betting even a 2070 MaxQ system will still fetch a decent price!
any updates?

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
It won’t be for around a month at the moment. A very recent laptop RMA took 5 weeks to be sent back
I just don't see how that is reasonable... If there aren't enough staff to take care of RMAs, then hire more staff... I see two possible reasons for such lengthy RMAs:

1) PCS sells a huge number of decent systems, from which a reasonable number get RMA's for one reason or another.
2) PCS sells an average number of okay systems, from which a high percentage get RMA'ed.

If #1 is the case, then clearly PCS is making money, and thus needs to hire more support staff to avoid customers looking elsewhere. If #2 is the case, then PCS needs to source better components or they're going to start hemorrhaging sales.

The obvious #3 is of course covid, but I would argue that 1) most RMA testing can likely be done at home anyway, and 2) how many PCS technical staff are actually at home right now?

I do not believe 30 days for an RMA is reasonable or acceptable. When PCS told me how long this RMA was going to take I was forced to buy another laptop, because I was teleworking at the time and could not be without a decent home computer. I personally think that is ridiculous, and is one of the reasons I will likely not be purchasing any PCS system in the future.

I have bought two PCS laptops in the past year - the first was a 17" Vyper with numerous issues (documented on this forum). I returned it within a short period, and PCS hedged on the full refund until I told them I was planning on buying another PCS laptop, at which point they authorized it. This second laptop (17" Defiance) was a great system, but a CPU thermal issue and a dead SSD necessitated the RMA. Between my 0 for 2 record, and the unacceptably long RMA process, I have sworn off PCS for the near future. I am very happy with the non-PCS laptop I bought when I sent the Defiance back, and as soon as the Defiance is back in my hands I plan on selling it (likely at a considerable loss), after which point I will probably never consider PCS for future computers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just don't see how that is reasonable... If there aren't enough staff to take care of RMAs, then hire more staff... I see two possible reasons for such lengthy RMAs:

1) PCS sells a huge number of decent systems, from which a reasonable number get RMA's for one reason or another.
2) PCS sells an average number of okay systems, from which a high percentage get RMA'ed.

If #1 is the case, then clearly PCS is making money, and thus needs to hire more support staff to avoid customers looking elsewhere. If #2 is the case, then PCS needs to source better components or they're going to start hemorrhaging sales.

The obvious #3 is of course covid, but I would argue that 1) most RMA testing can likely be done at home anyway, and 2) how many PCS technical staff are actually at home right now?

I do not believe 30 days for an RMA is reasonable or acceptable. When PCS told me how long this RMA was going to take I was forced to buy another laptop, because I was teleworking at the time and could not be without a decent home computer. I personally think that is ridiculous, and is one of the reasons I will likely not be purchasing any PCS system in the future.

I have bought two PCS laptops in the past year - the first was a 17" Vyper with numerous issues (documented on this forum). I returned it within a short period, and PCS hedged on the full refund until I told them I was planning on buying another PCS laptop, at which point they authorized it. This second laptop (17" Defiance) was a great system, but a CPU thermal issue and a dead SSD necessitated the RMA. Between my 0 for 2 record, and the unacceptably long RMA process, I have sworn off PCS for the near future. I am very happy with the non-PCS laptop I bought when I sent the Defiance back, and as soon as the Defiance is back in my hands I plan on selling it (likely at a considerable loss), after which point I will probably never consider PCS for future computers.
Have you forgotten we’re still in lockdown? By law you’re only allowed a certain number of people in a space, so their normal warehouse can only have a fraction of the number of people it normally would do.

They do over 1000 systems a week normally and currently demand is the highest it’s been quite literally ever.

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
FWIW my RMA (17" Defiance laptop) just got taken care of, here was the timeline:

24 March - RMA Created
27 March - Laptop received by PCS
28 April - Laptop looked at and fixed (replaced motherboard and SSD)
29 April - Testing done, ready to ship back

So it took ages for them to look at it, but they did supposedly fix it quite quickly. (I imagine a full motherboard replacement isn't a quick job!) I'm actually considering calling and asking to pick it up in-person, since I will coincidentally be in Leeds tomorrow. I'm not in a huge rush, other than the fact I will be selling it as soon as I get it back, and it would be nice to get it listed this weekend.