RMA Timelines

Maclaverty

Had to RMA my desktop computer after only 8 days as it suddenly refused to turn on, the PSU just clicked and that was it!

I keep getting different timelines for RMA repairs and wondering if anyone has recently had a RMA repair and can tell me how long they had to wait? It's only 8 days old so I imagine all items will still be in stock for replacement.

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
I've just had an RMA but it was on a laptop and they must have had the part in. I sent it last Thursday and received it back today. Would have been yesterday if I had been able to guarantee someone would have been able to take delivery. I'm pretty happy with 6 days.

Last edited:

Maclaverty

That's absolutely rapid timelines! I have absolutely everything crossed mine is the same as it's the first time for 20 years I haven't had a PC and feel like I'm missing a limb. What was up with your laptop?

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
That's absolutely rapid timelines! I have absolutely everything crossed mine is the same as it's the first time for 20 years I haven't had a PC and feel like I'm missing a limb. What was up with your laptop?
This is the other thing that impressed me. I noticed a straight line of stuck pixels. I initially sent them a picture and they replied saying it looked like pressure damage. I wasn't aware of putting any pressure on the laptop but I hadn't noticed it straight away so wasn't really sure where the damage occurred or why. I wondered if they might quibble about it but they just told me to request the RMA and they replaced the screen.
End result, one extremely happy customer. When I get a new desktop I have no doubt I'll be using PCS again and I recommend them to anybody who I know is looking at a PC or laptop. Add in this forum and all the great people who give completely free advice even when you have probably asked the most stupid question imaginable.... you just can't go wrong!

Maclaverty

That is very good, I think mine is either a dead power unit or motherboard so hoping for an equally quick turnaround. I need it for work also which isn't ideal as now using a 9 old laptop which is not coping too well!