RMA Wait time query

Pengi

Hey, I recently sent my PC to get RMA’d due to some CPU overheating issue upon startup, it’s been around 10 days since the PC has been delivered to PCS and I was just wondering if anyone has had any recent RMA’s and how long I should expect to wait to receive my PC.

I’ve received notifications from steam today saying my computer has been online and is available to share libraries etc, so I know that they are actively working on my computer!

Just wanted to know if anyone has any idea how long RMA’s should take!

steaky360

Depends on what they find I guess, you should find updates on your online account if you log in you should be able to check. Although it could be a case of someone forgetting to scan something or 'press a button' or whatever, it might not be automated.

If they're working on it now though I'd say if nothing major if found and its easy enough to swap a component / etc. then you could get it back in maybe a week or so.

Pengi

Depends on what they find I guess, you should find updates on your online account if you log in you should be able to check. Although it could be a case of someone forgetting to scan something or 'press a button' or whatever, it might not be automated.

If they're working on it now though I'd say if nothing major if found and its easy enough to swap a component / etc. then you could get it back in maybe a week or so.
I had no idea about the tracking on my account, I only found out days after I sent the pc for RMA, how can I add my computer to my account when I get it back?

steaky360

It should already be on your account? Or was it bought from a 3rd party (like Curry's etc.)? If the latter you should be able to add it in via the online account, you may need to contact PCS with proof of purchase though, given its back with them for RMA it shouldn't be an issue :)

Pengi

It should already be on your account? Or was it bought from a 3rd party (like Curry's etc.)? If the latter you should be able to add it in via the online account, you may need to contact PCS with proof of purchase though, given its back with them for RMA it shouldn't be an issue :)
Yes, it was bought from curry’s, I have proof of purchase.

I once saw someone talking about registering the PC with a white sticker with a code at the back of the pc which should add it to my account, how can I do this?

steaky360

Do you have a white sticker on the back of your PC?... its probably the same process I'd email PCS and ask.. I can't remember how to do it via the site (if its even possible).

Rakk

The Awesome
I think you have to contact them and they will ask for proof of purchase - I don't think you can do it from the site
Phone will be the quickest way to sort it out

Though actually if they've already got it in RMA, it may be registered with them already, it may be registered against the email you used for the RMA

Pengi

I think you have to contact them and they will ask for proof of purchase - I don't think you can do it from the site
Phone will be the quickest way to sort it out

Though actually if they've already got it in RMA, it may be registered with them already, it may be registered against the email you used for the RMA
Yep! I logged in with the email I used for the RMA and surely enough it was there, thank you :)