RTX 3070 New Build - Crashes To Black Screen

MrWilson

Godlike
Well, on the configurator the only available GPU brand options for the 3070 are Zotac, Palit and Asus Strix, so perhaps the EVGA cards are being reserved for RMA builds? Will be a happy surprise when it comes back if that is the case!

C836

Or that they try and do zotac an palit they’ve said just those 2 to simplify things…. Instead of ‘normally zotac and palit but we have 92 gigabyte cards, 17 evga cards and 5 gainword cards’??
Well, on the configurator the only available GPU brand options for the 3070 are Zotac, Palit and Asus Strix, so perhaps the EVGA cards are being reserved for RMA builds? Will be a happy surprise when it comes back if that is the case!

Infact a huge delivery of 3070tis the other day was evga branded

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
on another post in a reply from PCS to @ubuysa , PCS say they have just received a shipment of EVGA 3070Ti

1627381527430.png

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
New GPU looks lovely in my machine but....

The PCIe cables (I think that's right? I guess they do power?) which came installed in my machine for the gigabyte card do not fit.

Presumably I have to remove the cover from the other side of the machine, remove the cables, then replace them with some of the others that came shipped with the machine? Again, I'm presuming here, that there will be some in the box which fit?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The PCIe cables (I think that's right? I guess they do power?) which came installed in my machine for the gigabyte card do not fit.
PCIe cables are standard, so any PCIe PSU cable will fit any GPU.

Are you sure you're taking the PCIe cables and not another?

Can you take a photo?

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
Good news!

The replacement GPU has done the trick. I have now got a stable Windows session with no crashing to black screen or other funky things going on with the display.

Of course my run of poor form continues, as our internet (we have a 4g connection due to living in the bum end of nowhere) has reached new lows with connection speeds of 1.5Mbps. I think we must be having a service issue to be honest, because its been a while since we suffered from problems like this. A perfect night for Windows/Driver updates then!

Thanks for everyone who chipped in to get me up and running.

Mods, up to you whether you want to close this thread or combine it with my build thread. Pictures come next... They're going in the build thread. But I need to download iCue first to get rid of the rainbow puke.