RTX 3070 Release

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
According to Scan UK’s website over sixty thousand people tried to buy a 3070 in the first half hour after launch. Yowzer!
With Nvidia now seemingly have ballsed up two launch dates, I guess the interest in AMD's launches over the next 5 weeks plus whatever launches Nvidia does early 2021 (3060Ti, maybe some 3070/3080 variants) are going to go the same way. Demand is way, way higher than current supply.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Without knowing what sort of balls-up AMD are going to have on the Zen 3 and 6000 series cards, I'm not sure whether I should risk sticking with the 3600XT and RTX3080, or say sod it and go to a 5600X and 6800XT.

Bit of a gamble as to which combinations is likely to arrive first? But I'll take either ;)

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Without knowing what sort of balls-up AMD are going to have on the Zen 3 and 6000 series cards, I'm not sure whether I should risk sticking with the 3600XT and RTX3080, or say sod it and go to a 5600X and 6800XT.

Bit of a gamble as to which combinations is likely to arrive first? But I'll take either ;)
The rumours are that AMD will likely have more stock in place, but with the level of interest in new CPUs and GPUs (combined with Nvidia's lack of GPU supply), it's likely that they'll sell out in minutes rather than the seconds that the 3070/80/90 sold out in. Only you can decide if you think the gamble's worth it.

Not to rub it in anything but my Founder's Edition 3070 has just been despatched :D
Literally how.. Both me and my partner got to payment only to be booted out and our baskets emptied, was an absolute mess of a launch. Ended up preordering the ASUS 3070 through Overclockers but their response has been pretty shoddy as well. They told me today they only had 15 units and have no idea when they'll be back in stock so looks like I'll be waiting well into next year..

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Literally how.. Both me and my partner got to payment only to be booted out and our baskets emptied, was an absolute mess of a launch. Ended up preordering the ASUS 3070 through Overclockers but their response has been pretty shoddy as well. They told me today they only had 15 units and have no idea when they'll be back in stock so looks like I'll be waiting well into next year..
Sorry to hear that. I think I just got lucky, the final purchase screen at Scan took almost ten minutes to load after I’d put my card details in. And I was mashing my F5 key from 12.57pm to make sure I’d see it go live. It was stressful.

Sorry to hear that. I think I just got lucky, the final purchase screen at Scan took almost ten minutes to load after I’d put my card details in. And I was mashing my F5 key from 12.57pm to make sure I’d see it go live. It was stressful.
Honestly congrats, they look beeeeautiful. I'm just bitter today lol :ROFLMAO: My PC literally came through the door earlier today I was almost too hopeful they'd both turn up! According to Twitter apparently Scan have been investigating the ads put on eBay and refunding orders so there might be hope of some more with the next drop! (if my ASUS doesn't come in time I don't mind which I get really)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Honestly congrats, they look beeeeautiful. I'm just bitter today lol :ROFLMAO: My PC literally came through the door earlier today I was almost too hopeful they'd both turn up! According to Twitter apparently Scan have been investigating the ads put on eBay and refunding orders so there might be hope of some more with the next drop! (if my ASUS doesn't come in time I don't mind which I get really)
Bitter? If I’d not been able to get one I’d have called in sick today and spent the afternoon smashing all my crockery. I think you’re coping very well. Hope your pre-order doesn’t take forever 🤞

My build with RTX 3070 has order status of Pre Production and production time of 1 Working Day.. no idea if that is true or not and what edition of 3070 I'll end up with but we will see..

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
FE14EA78-FE60-4B38-858B-51153B3D9785.jpeg
02DB2306-84E4-4693-AF66-85F3BEA07B42.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s installed! Took a while to do as the 2070 Super in there is a full sized beast in my small case. So I had to remove the cooler radiator from it’s mounting in order to get that out.

Then I had the faff of tidying up the cables once I’d added the twelve pin adaptor. Used some zip ties to make it look as neat as I could but I’ll definitely be investing in one of Corsair’s new leads so it’s more visually appealing in future 😀

Before...

AF78CBBC-7E5B-4C5B-A4EE-1B4FD4877801.jpeg

After...

28CBD0C3-F731-4B7A-B3AA-B8A9185DB2FD.jpeg

I have no idea why the after pic has decided to turn itself ninety degrees. I can only assume it’s my punishment for being a smug git 😆

decaro

Enthusiast
On the note of the 3070, anyone have an idea of how many PCS have in stock? anyone ordered a system with one and it be being built?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
On the note of the 3070, anyone have an idea of how many PCS have in stock? anyone ordered a system with one and it be being built?
No way to know without contacting PCS directly, get on live chat during a weekday and they’ll give you the most up to date info. But if we’re looking at things on a supply and demand basis, the demand is far outweighing the supply. Nvidia have fluffed the launch supply of the whole 3000 series, I’d advise a truckload of patience 😬