rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sounds like I should've switched to the 3070 earlier.
It all happened pretty suddenly, months of there being no stock issues whatsoever to very suddenly being dry.

It's a damn shame, hopefully they'll get a big order soonish.

As I understand it NVidia are working on an updated version with reduced hash rate to put off miners, perhaps the next batch will be those, maybe nvidia have slowed production of the crypto centric cards in order to ramp up the new version.

That's pure guestimate, no source on that at all.

DarTon

That was about the normal time frame for back then, then stocks dried up.

The 3070 was the quickest despatch of all cards for quite a long time up until the last couple of weeks.

That's a fair point. At the time I ordered the price difference between the 3060 and 3070 was £150 on the PCS configurator, which I thought was impressive given the MSRP of the 3060 is £300 and the 3070 £469. I'd checked with two other custom PC builders in the few days prior to my order on April 19 and both said they had 3070 cards in stock, so any order would be fufilled in less than a month and probably two weeks. I have to assume PCS gets shipments at the same time (all Nvidia partners etc). Nonetheless, to go from order to delivery in 7 business days was surprising.

You can see in how the prices fluctuate week to week for different GPUs that the supply-demand imbalance is all over the place. I'd assume there a swaths of people like me who check prices daily and the moment they drop, they pull the trigger, and within a day or two that instantly drains any supply, price goes back up and round we go. Complete mess.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's a fair point. At the time I ordered the price difference between the 3060 and 3070 was £150 on the PCS configurator, which I thought was impressive given the MSRP of the 3060 is £300 and the 3070 £469. I'd checked with two other custom PC builders in the few days prior to my order on April 19 and both said they had 3070 cards in stock, so any order would be fufilled in less than a month and probably two weeks. I have to assume PCS gets shipments at the same time (all Nvidia partners etc). Nonetheless, to go from order to delivery in 7 business days was surprising.

You can see in how the prices fluctuate week to week for different GPUs that the supply-demand imbalance is all over the place. I'd assume there a swaths of people like me who check prices daily and the moment they drop, they pull the trigger, and within a day or two that instantly drains any supply, price goes back up and round we go. Complete mess.
Yeah, it's just a crazy time unfortunately.

There was another report recently by one of the big worldwide suppliers who said that they'd estimated this release would be high and as such had catered for higher than normal orders, but even those higher estimates were out by ABOUT 10 TIMES!

It's just such a perfect storm, output not as high as it could be due to covid restrictions, general logistics problems due to higher shipping costs etc (containers having gone up from around £2000 to £10000 import costs), higher taxes as a result of the trump tariffs which affected far more than just the USA, Suez Canal getting blocked for a week, Brexit, everyone working from home so orders through the roof, mining booming again just at the wrong time, all delivery companies bowing out of european deliveries apart from Fedex.... the list literally goes on and on. And they didn't happen all at once, one thing after another has happened just as we're getting used to the previous issue.

No one in their right mind could have predicted how this was going to play out.

I'm sorry, I know I push this a lot, but it's important to be reminded of just how mad this situation is globally.

I'm sure everyone and their mother is asking this, but I have saved a quote for a build with a 3070 as the GPU. To anyone who's made an order recently, i.e within the last month or two, how long did you have to wait for it to be delivered?

Fildez

Switched from a 3080 to a 3070 on Monday also, currently at 62 working days and still not in building. Thought it would be quicker as when i selected the new gpu it didn't say preorder next to it. Fingers crossed its soon! 😕

I'm sure everyone and their mother is asking this, but I have saved a quote for a build with a 3070 as the GPU. To anyone who's made an order recently, i.e within the last month or two, how long did you have to wait for it to be delivered?
It seems like it was 1-2 months a short while ago, but with many 3080 orders switching to 3070 it could be quite a bit longer now.
I am 32 days in pre-production.

Made my order anyway, going to be stuck waiting regardless if I don't want to pay a scalper. Just a case of playing the waiting game now.

Thanks for the replies.

It seems like it was 1-2 months a short while ago, but with many 3080 orders switching to 3070 it could be quite a bit longer now.
I am 32 days in pre-production.
I was 53 days pre production when mines went into building after switching to 3070 if that gives you any relief you might not be far off

Adam0410

I was 53 days pre production when mines went into building after switching to 3070 if that gives you any relief you might not be far off
Also how long ago was it that it went into building? The 3070 stock situation might have gotten worse since you went into building.

Samurai

Ordered my PC with a 3080, got email advice from PCS to drop spec to 3070 - did so and I'm 73 days in pre-production and counting!
Originally ordered on 4th Feb 2021. oh well back to waiting zzzzzzzzz.............

jaggy1991

I am currently 60 days pre build waiting on a 3080, im very tempted to amend to the 3070 now, does anyone know what the pre-build wait usually get dispatched at with the 3070? is it worth changing or do you think it will be marginally sooner than the 3080

Thanks

jaggy1991

Switched from a 3080 to a 3070 on Monday also, currently at 62 working days and still not in building. Thought it would be quicker as when i selected the new gpu it didn't say preorder next to it. Fingers crossed its soon! 😕
Whats the latest?

I am currently 60 days pre build waiting on a 3080, im very tempted to amend to the 3070 now, does anyone know what the pre-build wait usually get dispatched at with the 3070? is it worth changing or do you think it will be marginally sooner than the 3080

Thanks
When I phoned up the guy on the phone I spoke to told me they had something ridiculous like 300 3070s in the one week and a lot less than 100 3080s. By the looks of it the 3080 waiting time keeps climbing seen people sitting on 110 waiting days. Guy was quite adamant I switch and that’s me awaiting dispatch now.

If it’s the ASUS one that’s an error it’s the off brand ones they have in the now

jaggy1991

When I phoned up the guy on the phone I spoke to told me they had something ridiculous like 300 3070s in the one week and a lot less than 100 3080s. By the looks of it the 3080 waiting time keeps climbing seen people sitting on 110 waiting days. Guy was quite adamant I switch and that’s me awaiting dispatch now.
How many days were you on when yhou made the switch mate? and then how long after you switched did it go to dispatch?

Fildez

If it’s the ASUS one that’s an error it’s the off brand ones they have in the now
Ah well that's annoying.. They should really try fix that error though as that's the only reason i changed. Yes it was that one. Is it worth switching to a non brand one do you think or is the Asus wait time not too long?