rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I finally got through on the phone this morning...after about 2 hours in total waiting over 3 calls.

Found out that despite the email saying it was the PSU 'possibly causing further delay', it was also awaiting the 5600X and the 6800XT.

Was told some 6800XTs had arrived/been allocated, but I don't know how many people managed to order before me (13:58 as soon as they showed on the website), but I wasn't allocated one.

I asked what I'd need to do to 'progress my order' and it was suggested that there were 3070 GPUs and 5800X CPUs available now/shortly, and I could be allocated those...so of course I swapped. No cost to change either as the saving on the GPU was equal to the cost of upgrading the CPU.

I think the 3080/6800XT was overkill for my 1440p gaming anyway, but I was just going to be happy with anything that was new & available.

Just got to wait for it to move to build/testing now.

skril

Bronze Level Poster
Should be no change. My date is same like last automatic but guy from tech support confirm this. My problem now is i wanted to buy monitor lg ultragear na 1440p z currys this monaday but no.time this evening all gone but.was good price fot now dont know what i should buy and from where

decaro

Enthusiast
Should be no change. My date is same like last automatic but guy from tech support confirm this. My problem now is i wanted to buy monitor lg ultragear na 1440p z currys this monaday but no.time this evening all gone but.was good price fot now dont know what i should buy and from where
Most places have good deals right now so just look around, newegg, amazon, currys, most places.

skril

Bronze Level Poster
Trying every where out of stock . This one was 850 for 329 from 450.around. 1440p ips 144hz good one. Only what i can find is on va in this price and not wall mounted monitor was lg ultragear 27gn850 realy good my fault

ravencio

I finally got through on the phone this morning...after about 2 hours in total waiting over 3 calls.

Found out that despite the email saying it was the PSU 'possibly causing further delay', it was also awaiting the 5600X and the 6800XT.

Was told some 6800XTs had arrived/been allocated, but I don't know how many people managed to order before me (13:58 as soon as they showed on the website), but I wasn't allocated one.

I asked what I'd need to do to 'progress my order' and it was suggested that there were 3070 GPUs and 5800X CPUs available now/shortly, and I could be allocated those...so of course I swapped. No cost to change either as the saving on the GPU was equal to the cost of upgrading the CPU.

I think the 3080/6800XT was overkill for my 1440p gaming anyway, but I was just going to be happy with anything that was new & available.

Just got to wait for it to move to build/testing now.
Glad I went for the 3070 and 5800X in a first instance. Ordered the 5th Nov. Automated email regarding building time says 30th Nov. (I know this emails should be ignored). Got email regarding unavailability of the Corsair 850RMx PSU, however I changed for the HXi and has been confirmed by PCS that they have "reasonable stock". Fingers crossed for a Xmas guaranteed delivery 🤞

EDIT: FYI My rig just gone into production stage after 17 Working Days, matching the estimated build up date mentioned in PCS automated email.

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine's moved from pre-production > build > testing today 🥳

Ordered 13-Oct, but changed to a 5600X (immediately it was available on the config), then to a 6800XT (ediately it was available on the config), but it didn't speed anything along.

A phone call last Thur/Fri suggested a quicker build if I swapped the 5600X (mid-December earliest) to the 5800X, and changed the 6800XT (late December at earliest) for a RTX3070...so I did.

decaro

Enthusiast

Ordered 13-Oct, but changed to a 5600X (immediately it was available on the config), then to a 6800XT (ediately it was available on the config), but it didn't speed anything along.

A phone call last Thur/Fri suggested a quicker build if I swapped the 5600X (mid-December earliest) to the 5800X, and changed the 6800XT (late December at earliest) for a RTX3070...so I did.
You lucky sod, tell us what exact 3070 card u get because ive seem some zotac, some gigabyte, and some palit.

hemumr

How did you order a 3070 system in mid october? I thought they were available from the 29th