rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

Oronare

Mine has just gone into building. RTX 3070, 18 working days production time, date processed listed as 07-11-2020. My initial estimated date was actually 2/3 of Dec so it's almost spot on, might be a huge coincidence but yesterday I swapped out the AIO cooler for a slightly more expensive one and then today it's gone into building; probably a coincidence though.

decaro

Enthusiast
Mine has just gone into building. RTX 3070, 18 working days production time, date processed listed as 07-11-2020. My initial estimated date was actually 2/3 of Dec so it's almost spot on, might be a huge coincidence but yesterday I swapped out the AIO cooler for a slightly more expensive one and then today it's gone into building; probably a coincidence though.
Nice dude

hemumr

Nice dude my inital estimation was the 7th december was your cooler greyed out when you changed it?

hemumr

Also are people who are going into building using amd or intel CPU's cause that can make a huge difference

Oronare

Nice dude my inital estimation was the 7th december was your cooler greyed out when you changed it?
I didn't notice no, I could still swap back to the initial one (Swapped from the frostflow 240 to the coolermaster 240), I think it was just a huge coincidence.

Mine is an AMD Ryzen 3000 build, so not one of the new 5000 series, probably also why it's not taken as long.

decaro

Enthusiast
I didn't notice no, I could still swap back to the initial one (Swapped from the frostflow 240 to the coolermaster 240), I think it was just a huge coincidence.

Mine is an AMD Ryzen 3000 build, so not one of the new 5000 series, probably also why it's not taken as long.
So is mine but im on 24 working days pre production lmao

hemumr

Exactly and there's no way I was near the front of either my GPU or CPU queue so can only assume they've had plenty of 3070s and 5900Xs delivered recently
Thats what i am praying for only issue is my mobo and my cooler are greyed out on their website hopefully I was already assigned them. Tbf someone from PCS came to the forums and said they have enough 3070's for the first 60 - 70% of orders

decaro

Enthusiast
Exactly and there's no way I was near the front of either my GPU or CPU queue so can only assume they've had plenty of 3070s and 5900Xs delivered recently
Aa staff member said last week that a shipment of 400 3070s is due to arrive on the 4th so maybe that one came early or they just had some left from the first batch

hemumr

I think building and testing times might get a little slower then cause most 30 series buids are being done in a day but if they are all catching up then it might take a little longer

decaro

Enthusiast
I think building and testing times might get a little slower then cause most 30 series buids are being done in a day but if they are all catching up then it might take a little longer
3070 builds started like a week ago and i ordered launch day and have heard nothing

MMBaz

Does anyone know if we’re assigned our cards when our order is placed? For example, I placed an order when the 3070 was available. It wasn’t greyed out nor did it say it was pre-order. Since I’ve placed my order, it’s now back to pre-order only. My order is still processing but I did order when they were in stock.