rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

Elhan

Bronze Level Poster
18 working days here.
Don't know what current wait times are like, but my 3070 build is 17 days in pre-production. On the upside, it's taken me past my credit card statement date, so I've been able to upgrade the M.2 SSD from 500GB to 1TB.🕺
Same, my finances are in a steadily better shape, so the PC is too. :p

MrWilson

Godlike
I got the 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070, that is what this thread is referring to right? Or did I miss something, as I am not sure what a 'strix' is.
The STRIX is a specific model of the 3070 card. Different companies make their own versions of the card based on the design specs from Nvidia, the Asus ROG STRIX variant is a specific type of card. It has high quality cooling and a bit more overclocking headroom, but it also comes with a larger price tag and a longer wait time due to its relative scarcity, so with the vast majority of customers we don’t tend to recommend it over the ‘standard’ 3070.

Most recent person on here went into build on 18 working days, fingers crossed you will go into build sometime this week too. 🙂

KatSne

The STRIX is a specific model of the 3070 card. Different companies make their own versions of the card based on the design specs from Nvidia, the Asus ROG STRIX variant is a specific type of card. It has high quality cooling and a bit more overclocking headroom, but it also comes with a larger price tag and a longer wait time due to its relative scarcity, so with the vast majority of customers we don’t tend to recommend it over the ‘standard’ 3070.

Most recent person on here went into build on 18 working days, fingers crossed you will go into build sometime this week too. 🙂
Thanks for all the info, gee did not even see the STRIX when I was ordering (I am thinking it was not even available to chose from due to the scarcity you mention). So indeed I will have the bog-standard 3070 card that PCS offer, which I will be very happy with!
I cannot wait, I have all fingers crossed it will go into building any day now!

joffonon

Just changed to In Building this morning, working day 18.:D
...and by day 19 it had been built, tested, QC'd and dispatched. Very impressive. It was due for delivery today, but I've pushed it back to tomorrow as we're out for part of the day and it was bound to come then.

Rob21

...and by day 19 it had been built, tested, QC'd and dispatched. Very impressive. It was due for delivery today, but I've pushed it back to tomorrow as we're out for part of the day and it was bound to come then.
Enjoy :) Can you post back what brand 3070 you got please.

KatSne

Fantastic news, enjoy your new PC and be sure to let us know how it is (and curious which brand graphics card you get)!
Day 19 and its gone into build. I'll update on what brand it is when I know.
Congrats, my fingers are crossed that I get the next batch as I am on 18 working days!

ExcelUp

Fantastic news, enjoy your new PC and be sure to let us know how it is (and curious which brand graphics card you get)!

Congrats, my fingers are crossed that I get the next batch as I am on 18 working days!
I'm in the exact same boat. Fingers crossed too, haha.

Nasko

I've called em today on my 12th day in pre-production.
They told me that waiting time for 3070 are about 2/3 months (but I see ppl getting their in 20 wdays here?)
Today they're gonna receive 15 new rtx3070, but they have 0 idea when they gonna receive others.
I cannot wait 60wdays+ for this PC .. :/

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've called em today on my 12th day in pre-production.
They told me that waiting time for 3070 are about 2/3 months (but I see ppl getting their in 20 wdays here?)
Today they're gonna receive 15 new rtx3070, but they have 0 idea when they gonna receive others.
I cannot wait 60wdays+ for this PC .. :/
You can leave out the graphics card and sort your own from elsewhere if you need the build quicker.

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
Well you're all ahead of me! I am only six working days in pre-production.

As this is my first PC my desk is sat there with a brand new shiny monitor, mouse & keyboard... BUT NO PC!!

I'm so excited I may explode before the PC makes it to building & testing. If that happens, don't tell my wife how much it cost...

Nasko

You can leave out the graphics card and sort your own from elsewhere if you need the build quicker.
Yep, I will consider that option, even if I'd prefer getting a rtx here.
Anyway, I think I'm gonna wait till I reach 20 wdays (first days of July), to decide on what I should do ! :)

KatSne

This is a good point, keep an eye out on stock from other retailers and if you see a (reasonably priced) graphics card it looks like it is very easy to amend your order and remove the graphics card from your PCS order!
Should be free to amend this if your PC has not gone into building yet.
I would suggest doing this to maximise your chances of getting your PC as quick as possible 🤞

joffonon

Only had time yesterday to do some basic setup, so far so good and my GPU is a Gigabyte (nice symmetry, as I've got a Gigabyte in my old PC). Might get to do some actual gaming at the weekend!