rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
yeay, mine went into testing. wonder if there is a chance they finish today and if they dispatch on weekends?
it's just so close :D

EDIT: still testing, so probably next week anyways

Last edited:

MrWilson

Godlike
Might be the 5900x that's holding me up. Not much else different between our builds, but I'm 1 WD ahead of you and still in building.
If it goes into testing today still hopeful I can get it on Wednesday.

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
Might be the 5900x that's holding me up. Not much else different between our builds, but I'm 1 WD ahead of you and still in building.
If it goes into testing today still hopeful I can get it on Wednesday.
I would assume that to be the case, unless there is a wide variance in build times dependant on the member of staff designated to build it, or maybe the ease of build with the pc case?

Do you think it's likely that a PC in testing today might be delivered on Wednesday? I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I don't work Wednesdays... But also I'm sure I read of extended lead times on testing due to high demand for bench space.

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
wow, this really goes fast now. dispatched today, awaiting tomorrow now. feels unreal.
will be "fun" to install, update and test everything myself though. but worth if it. :)
just wish it wouldnt be so hot for this, unfortunate timing

MrWilson

Godlike
Now in awaiting dispatch on 24 WD. Think Wednesday delivery is still realistic. Will be downloading the DPD app tomorrow.

Kyle MMV

How many WD are we currently looking at before we entering building,I’m currently at 17 so hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
How many WD are we currently looking at before we entering building,I’m currently at 17 so hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer
My order went into building AT 22wd. I am now on 24wd and awaiting dispatch.

It is possible that the lead time is getting shorter as a glut of cards came back into stock at the end of last week. Fingers crossed for you 🤞

Turnips

Bronze Level Poster
And a final update... 24 Working Days and now Dispatched. Expecting my new PC tomorrow. Excitement central over here!

CoolBreeze

Hi Everyone,

I'm not an active member of the board but I thought I might update you all on my build progress, if it helps people get an idea of their progress. Mine is a Ryzen 7 5800x, 3070 build with the below progress.

Order processed date: 20.06.21
Pre-Production date: 25.06.21
Build date: 21.07.21

Which is 23 working days today.

Hopefully no issue occurs in building and testing, and all if all goes well, might have it by the middle of next week. It would be great if it was sooner but at least it's moving forward. A few more days won't matter is the scheme of things. Very excited now. Hope everyone else gets caught up in this wave of 3070's that's come in.

EddieB

Similar to @CoolBreeze, I haven't been an active member of the board but it really has been a wonderful resource to find. You all seem like a great bunch and I've absorbed and incorporated a lot of the advice that has been generously shared around into my build, so thanks very much to you all.

My build is a 5900X, standard 3070, X570-F, 32GB 3200Mhz wrapped in a Corsair 5000X, and here are the dates if it helps anyone still patiently waiting; a total of 21 working days so far:

Order processed: 23/06/21
Pre-production: 25/06/21
Build date: 22/07/21
Test date: 22/07/21

💾🤞

MrWilson

Godlike
Currently rectifying some issues with the build, but in the meantime thought I would copy across some photos I took before I sadly put it back in the box.
Delivery was great, the DPD app was super helpful and let me keep a close eye on where my delivery driver was.
Visually I’m blown away with how it turns out. Admittedly I got the Fractal Define 7 which hides everything away, but with the side panel off it looks awesome and I will definitely have to consider going for the tempered glass side panel sometime down the line. Just got to be patient with the RMA process and soon I’ll be happily gaming 😊
19C9254D-93F1-4C9D-94BD-82FB95A52669.jpeg
511C2FD9-0FA1-4706-B82F-739CD862AFBD.jpeg
23F2002B-7072-4474-94C7-014A5E14E4AA.jpeg
AE7E1C21-7CF7-43C1-90DF-8F603E13C4DA.jpeg

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Currently rectifying some issues with the build, but in the meantime thought I would copy across some photos I took before I sadly put it back in the box.
Delivery was great, the DPD app was super helpful and let me keep a close eye on where my delivery driver was.
Visually I’m blown away with how it turns out. Admittedly I got the Fractal Define 7 which hides everything away, but with the side panel off it looks awesome and I will definitely have to consider going for the tempered glass side panel sometime down the line. Just got to be patient with the RMA process and soon I’ll be happily gaming 😊View attachment 28106View attachment 28107View attachment 28108View attachment 28109
Hoping for a speedy return mate

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Visually I’m blown away with how it turns out. Admittedly I got the Fractal Define 7 which hides everything away, but with the side panel off it looks awesome and I will definitely have to consider going for the tempered glass side panel sometime down the line.
That’s a slippery slope, my friend. At first you’re just happy to look inside. But then the thirst begins. It needs something to really illuminate those glorious components. Maybe an LED light strip to add a little glow to proceedings. Before you know it, you’ve got more RGB than is sensible and your desk looks like a Jean Michel Jarre concert.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That’s a slippery slope, my friend. At first you’re just happy to look inside. But then the thirst begins. It needs something to really illuminate those glorious components. Maybe an LED light strip to add a little glow to proceedings. Before you know it, you’ve got more RGB than is sensible and your desk looks like a Jean Michel Jarre concert.
And @AgentCooper is talking from experience............... ;) :ROFLMAO:

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
My first PCS buld was a non RGB affair, although the NZXT Noctus 450 case had some red light accents to PSU shroud and under the case itself.
Since then I've purchased a corasir K95 RGB platinum keyboard, M65 pro mouse and MM8500 mouse pad.
So decided i'm now a little hooked my latest build, due hopefully next week, has the 5000x case with 10 RGB fans (including the AIO rad and pump), and vengeance RGB RAM.
All of them corsair to match the peripherals.
Sooooo yea the slope is indeed slippery and if can't give myself some sort of epileptic induced seizure with the flickering lights then i will feel i have not done the job properly.