rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

Poisen

Support just told me it's more than likely I'll be waiting till after October 1st for my PC to enter building :)

Poisen

Support contradict each other on a daily basis. Not a good look really.
Had two other anecdotes of constant small stock deliveries, so I will combine my "your order is very low in the queue and should head into building soon" and you guys's "we get stock potentially weekly" so that I don't slip into depression and hold out hope for a building phase next week

Rossco06

Is it worth switching to a similar card timewise?
Don't know to be honest. If you give them a call and ask if they have stock of other cards, you may be able to get to build quicker but I'm not really too sure. There are threads discussing changing to another card and then going more or less straight into build. But they were sitting at around 80 days so may be because of that.

Oyaks

Did you go into build?
Sadly no, but there was some funny business on my order page where sales order for additional fans where cancelled. Called PCS and they said they were just moving things around so it all reflects as 1 order 🤷‍♂️
They said they will sort it and pass to the build team which tells me its soon. I didn't wanna jinx it so I didn't ask the question I was burning to ask 😝

Staines

Just curious, what does your build time in the invoice says? Does it have more than 22 working days. When I placed my order it said Standard Build - Approximately 12 to 15 working days.

and I'm on 10 Working days.

NileyCoyote

Just curious, what does your build time in the invoice says? Does it have more than 22 working days. When I placed my order it said Standard Build - Approximately 12 to 15 working days.

They just say a number at the time. Mine said 14-17 but I'm at 18 days tomorrow and no build.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
They just say a number at the time. Mine said 14-17 but I'm at 18 days tomorrow and no build.
I'd appreciate if you didn't make up stuff like that, it's not helpful for anyone and causes low feelings for all the other members.

If you want to be so negative, that's your prerogative, but I'd appreciate if you didn't bring down the rest of the people on this thread.

I'm issuing you with a warning because it's been pretty much every post now for a while.

The 3070 is not "standard" as it's on pre order currently, so they aren't able to give reasonable estimates, the way the GPU market is at the moment worldwide, when orders aren't confirmed by the supplier, it's literally the case that they just send through what they have at the time. So PCS may well have ordered say 300 units, but the supplier has confirmed they can't promise delivery when expected.

As such, I'm afraid it's just a case of holding out or swapping GPU's.

NileyCoyote

I'd appreciate if you didn't make up stuff like that, it's not helpful for anyone and causes low feelings for all the other members.

If you want to be so negative, that's your prerogative, but I'd appreciate if you didn't bring down the rest of the people on this thread.

I'm issuing you with a warning because it's been pretty much every post now for a while.

The 3070 is not "standard" as it's on pre order currently, so they aren't able to give reasonable estimates, the way the GPU market is at the moment worldwide, when orders aren't confirmed by the supplier, it's literally the case that they just send through what they have at the time. So PCS may well have ordered say 300 units, but the supplier has confirmed they can't promise delivery when expected.

As such, I'm afraid it's just a case of holding out or swapping GPU's.
What? I'm saying they pick a number at the time, assuming based on number of orders and likely lead times. I then said I was at a day over that to show that it isnt always going to be in that time and we are all waiting for cards etc.

What a strange thing to be picked up on... you've completely misinterpreted what I was saying.

Edit - I'm also not sure how it's every post when I've said I believe we will go into build before the October ETA etc and posted a positive message I received from customer support.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So many mixed messages coming from support mind. Probably just a bum saving pr exercise to cover themselves but it's not very helpful.

But you also made this post above so I can see where @SpyderTracks is coming from.

They just say a number at the time.

You may have been misinterpreted, but I think if you look at that sentence you can perhaps see why it drew attention.

Whilst I agree communication from PCS could definitely be better, the forum is not a platform to speculate on their business practices and suggest that they’re trying to cover any part of their collective anatomy.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Just to offer a little more hope, PCS have taken the 3070 off order entirely for now, i believe they have confirmed they are still receiving stocks just in dribs and drabs. My guess is the 3070 will remain off order until PCS have confirmed deliveries to account for outstanding orders.

It’s really really difficult when the cards run dry like this to give any concrete expectations, the 3080 lot have had it the worst, but that’s improved massively over the last couple of weeks.

Don’t be disheartened, and if you have any queries regarding your queue expectations, either email or phone PCS and have a chat with them.