RTX 3080 entire PC reboots itself

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Unfortunately these are minidumps rather than full kernel dumps and so don't contain the WHEA error records - which is a bit dumb for Microsoft really. Minidumps are largely useless for WHEA errors....!

One thing they do all have in common is that the driver that's failing is AuthenticAMD.sys, the failure bucket ID is
AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR__UNKNOWN for example, and that 'processor unknown' suggests a chipset driver issue to me.

I'm hoping you have already updated the chipset drivers using the AMD Driver & Support Tool? If not, then please do that first.

If you do have the latest chipset drivers from AMD then I suggest you download the chipset drivers for your motherboard from the Asus website. Uninstall the existing (AMD) drivers and install the Asus drivers, see whether that helps?

If that doesn't help then I'd remove one of the RAM cards and run for a few days oin just one card. Then swap cards and run on just the other RAM card for a few days. That's really the only way to be certain whether RAM is your real problem.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Could you use armoury crate for updating the chipset drivers and checking the are always up to date?
The armoury crate chipset version that shows for my X570 f strix isn't the latest version you get from the AMD website.

I had previously had the armoury crate one until I saw a post by SPYDERTRACKS a while ago about getting them from the AMD site.

JackS96

Unfortunately these are minidumps rather than full kernel dumps and so don't contain the WHEA error records - which is a bit dumb for Microsoft really. Minidumps are largely useless for WHEA errors....!

One thing they do all have in common is that the driver that's failing is AuthenticAMD.sys, the failure bucket ID is
AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR__UNKNOWN for example, and that 'processor unknown' suggests a chipset driver issue to me.

I'm hoping you have already updated the chipset drivers using the AMD Driver & Support Tool? If not, then please do that first.

If you do have the latest chipset drivers from AMD then I suggest you download the chipset drivers for your motherboard from the Asus website. Uninstall the existing (AMD) drivers and install the Asus drivers, see whether that helps?

If that doesn't help then I'd remove one of the RAM cards and run for a few days oin just one card. Then swap cards and run on just the other RAM card for a few days. That's really the only way to be certain whether RAM is your real problem.
I believe PCS are looking at RAM as a possible issue as well. Sounds like my next move. Thank you for taking a look, I appreciate it.

Also, I don't know how relevant this may be, but when I went to use my PC this morning (after disabling core performance boost in my BIOS to prevent random reboots, which seems to work) I discovered that the whole system had frozen overnight. My peripherals wouldn't work, 3 of my monitors wouldn't turn on and my iCue profiles had reset and remained totally frozen in place as well. I had one Firefox window open and idle.

Turning it off and on via the power button fixed this and my system has been working okay.

I didn't see anything logged in event viewer unfortunately but this is something I haven't experienced before.