RTX 3080 Fault

steaky360

So managed to get through on the phone and to be fair PCS were great. They agreed with the diagnosis that it’s a faulty GPU and they will send a replacement ASAP. Chap on the phone didn’t know if they have set aside any stock for replacements so he said it could be a bit of a wait. Frustrating but these things happen.
Just hope it’s not a MOBO problem but I don’t have another GPU I can test.
Its unlikely to be a mobo problem I'd say, sadly won't know for sure until you 'can' test it with something but I think its unlikely that your motherboard has a problem with both its PCIe slots. Sadly I've no suggestions of how to test it (save putting another GPU in :()

Kudos for staying calm, I'm sure things were thrown (rightly so!) - but none the less, hope it gets sorted swiftly.

MatMus

Hopefully you are right. I’ve ordered a 2070 Super for delivery today to test. Amazon’s generous no questions asked 14 day return policy in action!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So the 2070 works though I had a panic at first. A put it in pci slot 1 and booted and nothing again - then tried it slot 2 and it worked. Moved back to slot 1 and it still worked. Downloaded nvidia drivers and then put the the 3080 back in - nothing.
Pretty sure that means it’s a dead card.
Yes, fully agreed, that’s a pretty conclusive test.

MatMus

No dispatch email - anyone know how late that could be sent as I’m starting to get a little twitchy?

MatMus

Doubt you'll get that before DPD have actually picked it up
Yeah I’m not sure - I got the email at 8:30am the day my build was shipped. I think once the consignment is booked with DPD the email is generated even if it is not physically picked up until later in the day. This is reason tracking does not work until the DPD driver has scanned the item at pickup.

MatMus

So no dispatch email. Not happy after being told it was shipping today - my patience is wearing thin. I understand stock is scarce but I don’t like broken promises. Now halfway through my return period and still unable to use the machine I’ve paid for.

D

Deleted member 17413

So no dispatch email. Not happy after being told it was shipping today - my patience is wearing thin. I understand stock is scarce but I don’t like broken promises. Now halfway through my return period and still unable to use the machine I’ve paid for.

Because you've had issues since it arrived, that 14 day thing is irrelevant.
If the issue isnt resolved you will be able to return it for a full refund.

MatMus

Because you've had issues since it arrived, that 14 day thing is irrelevant.
If the issue isnt resolved you will be able to return it for a full refund.
Apparently not the case. Just got off the phone with PCS and the GPU I was supposed to be sent yesterday got allocated to someone else’s build and they don’t know when they will have more available. Also after 14 days of receipt I am no longer entitled to a refund only repair or replace.
I asked to speak to a manager and was told that it would take 3 working days to get a call back!!!
Not happy and I think I’m going to have no choice but to start a refund on Monday...not a good experience.

steaky360

This isn’t accurate, as you’re awaiting a successful RMA the 14day period is waved.
As @SpyderTracks notes above, I have also seen this being the case previously with other forum users, if @MatMus was told otherwise by PCS I'd perhaps consider asking them to confirm that position in writing via email as it really doesn't tie in to me.

Your 14 day period won't re-set as such I don't think but the clock doesn't tick down whilst the PC is under RMA.

MatMus

This isn’t accurate, as you’re awaiting a successful RMA the 14day period is waved.
I’ve had a look in the terms and conditions but I can’t find a statement to that effect and it was certainly not what I was just told on the phone.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just received a dispatch email. Not complaining but bizarre after being told there is no stock.
Unfortunately there does seem to be a bit of miscommunication going on at headquarters these days. As we've been told, most of the customer services are working remotely and communication between them and the workers on the ground can often be a little lacklustre.

Fingers crossed you get it tomorrow and there are no further issues.... keep us posted (y)

MatMus

Yes just received an apology email to that effect. I’ve replied as currently the delivery is not expected until Monday and I’d like to get it upgraded to tomorrow - I know sometimes DPD give you the option to upgrade when the tracking goes live but I think a goodwill gesture from PCS is in order.
I was going to ask them if there was a possibility of a loan card - should be plenty of 2080 Ti’s lying around!!! Getting a working 3080 would be better though.

edit: DPD tracking has gone live with no option to upgrade to Saturday delivery.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes just received an apology email to that effect. I’ve replied as currently the delivery is not expected until Monday and I’d like to get it upgraded to tomorrow - I know sometimes DPD give you the option to upgrade when the tracking goes live but I think a goodwill gesture from PCS is in order.
I was going to ask them if there was a possibility of a loan card - should be plenty of 2080 Ti’s lying around!!! Getting a working 3080 would be better though.

edit: DPD tracking has gone live with no option to upgrade to Saturday delivery.
If you download the DPD app you can upgrade to Saturday Delivery.

MatMus

If you download the DPD app you can upgrade to Saturday Delivery.
I’ll give it a try but I wondered if it may be because they are also collecting the defective card at the same time - they might not do Saturday pick ups.

edit: yeah no option for tomorrow on the app however next weekend is available so I’m guessing that as they haven’t actually physically picked up the shipment yet they don’t know if it will be possible to deliver tomorrow. I’ll check later...

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ll give it a try but I wondered if it may be because they are also collecting the defective card at the same time - they might not do Saturday pick ups.

edit: yeah no option for tomorrow on the app however next weekend is available so I’m guessing that as they haven’t actually physically picked up the shipment yet they don’t know if it will be possible to deliver tomorrow. I’ll check later...
Check after about 6:30, I don't want to get your hopes up, but I've had stuff picked up late on friday by DPD and not expected to get before Monday and i've woken on the saturday to have an email from DPD telling me that its out for delivery