RTX 3080 - Not able to display at 240 FPS

steaky360

Hey everyone.

As noted in another post I'm super excited to have received my new PC. Been messing around with a few things since yesterday and installing some games and what not.

I went ahead and attempted to change the display to 240Hz for the first time as the option was available however this just caused the G9 to go blank and output nothing... It doesn't say 'no input detected' or anything like that and occasionally flickers showing the "Display Port 1" in the top left of the screen (usual OSD position).

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can try? I'm using the cable that came with the monitor (stamped as an 8K DP cable, I believe its DP 1.4 but I can't check really unless someone knows of any cool ways to do so).

Its a RTX 3080 I have.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can try? I've tried a different cable and no joy. My other PC wasn't able to output at 240Hz so it was never an option previously.

1602436847585.png

Above is the Nvidia control panel showing my options.

steaky360

Have you tried repeatedly beting the 3080 with a large hammer?
Im not sure it'll fix your issues, but it would solve my jealousy one..
Standby will go get a hammer... where abouts should I hit it... do I need to turn off my PC first?

D

Deleted member 17413

Definitely, dont want any nasty electric shocks...

D

Deleted member 17413

Wait...did you say G9 monitor?...then no, leave the electric running...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Its 4k 60Hz obviously with a different cable :) -I figure (wrongly maybe?) that if it wouldn't be able to do it , the option wouldn't be there....
They've got a list of settings you need to make sure are correct here:

I would first try it without the secondary monitor plugged in.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh, there's a support page on Samsung here:

Haven't read it through yet fully, still going through it.

steaky360

Well my screen is now just displaying black... and I can't get it to come back, strangely the second monitor is also going black when I fire up the G9. Grumble Grumble Grumble.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well my screen is now just displaying black... and I can't get it to come back, strangely the second monitor is also going black when I fire up the G9. Grumble Grumble Grumble.
I think you need to unplug the secondary monitor while you’re troubleshooting, the GPU can only handle a certain max resolution.

steaky360

Yeah will try it once I get them to come on and stay on ... from the Samsung forum posts looks like it’s just a bug at the moment with no proper solution. Cheers for the help so far

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah will try it once I get them to come on and stay on ... from the Samsung forum posts looks like it’s just a bug at the moment with no proper solution. Cheers for the help so far
I don't really understand it because all the reviewers had it running full pelt at 240Hz, wonder if they were given some test drivers or something that haven't been made mainstream yet.

D

Deleted member 103489

Hmmmm thinking if i will have this problem when i get my 3090, have you updated the g9 software? i had done this with pluggin the usb in services.. doubt that would probably fix this.. But you never know.

D

Deleted member 103489

Hopefully it's a fix, i had to update minds when my g9 arrived.

When you see firmware just click ''see more'' then dowwnload for usb type.

upload the ''M-T9549GGAA-1006.2[BC89]'' to exfat or fat32 usb
and plug it in services first usb slot, 2nd one won't work

Then go to

menu>support>software update

should take about minute.

ps: hopefully you did not stick the plastic part on the back lol had hard time trying to get it off while i had to update minds. lol

steaky360

Then go to

ps: hopefully you did not stick the plastic part on the back lol had hard time trying to get it off while i had to update minds. lol
I removed mine yesterday when doing some of the fault finding. Fortunately I pre-insatlled some USB extensions.. I just don't know which is which now - will give the usb update a go later on today - cheers for the feedback will get back onto trying this out tonight.

Just wish there was a quicker way to get the screen to revert to 120hz if it doesn't work... seems for soem reason to just go black and not 'come back on' so to speak (normally you get the little countdown saying settings have changed and you can go back) I don't seem to get that.

Ah well, bleeding edge and all that. I'll get back later on this afternoon with my progress (if any!).

Thanks everyone for the assistance so far!

D

Deleted member 103489

I removed mine yesterday when doing some of the fault finding. Fortunately I pre-insatlled some USB extensions.. I just don't know which is which now - will give the usb update a go later on today - cheers for the feedback will get back onto trying this out tonight.

Just wish there was a quicker way to get the screen to revert to 120hz if it doesn't work... seems for soem reason to just go black and not 'come back on' so to speak (normally you get the little countdown saying settings have changed and you can go back) I don't seem to get that.

Ah well, bleeding edge and all that. I'll get back later on this afternoon with my progress (if any!).

Thanks everyone for the assistance so far!
Yeah you would think they would have the timer for this, porbably a few bugs that need to be ironed out.

I was doing little digging through the internet about this issue to and did hear someone was having this problem with the G9 and their 3090,
i know samsung did release update for their firmware, but whether this is for g-sync i am not to sure.

Will need to have hold of the 3090 (hopfully soon) to see what issues they are.

Keep me updated on software updated?.. hopefully this does sort the issue if not then i am sure
nvidia, samsung are aware of this and they will come up with update really soon.

steaky360

Then go to

Trying to update but monitor simply can't find the update files :S not sure what I'm doing wrong :( Tried a few memory sticks now and nothing seems to work...
EDIT: OK so got it to work, i needed to unplug the monitor USB Hub from my PC (I'm dumb)

Last edited: