RTX 3080 vs Strix difference?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
While I'm here anyone know the actual difference between the 'regular' 3080 and the STRIX one? I'm not sure I understand it
Just a different manufacturer and design. All cards are built to that manufacturers specifications. They all use the same nvidia chip, but put their own tweaks on cooling and board design etc.

The Asus is a premium tier card, and you are ordering to get that exact model. But it's significantly more expensive.

The generic could be one of almost any manufacturer, it's pot luck which card you'll get but usually from Palit or Zotac, although we've had a few gigabyte cards as well.

RobertCrentis146

Just a different manufacturer and design. All cards are built to that manufacturers specifications. They all use the same nvidia chip, but put their own tweaks on cooling and board design etc.

The Asus is a premium tier card, and you are ordering to get that exact model. But it's significantly more expensive.

The generic could be one of almost any manufacturer, it's pot luck which card you'll get but usually from Palit or Zotac, although we've had a few gigabyte cards as well.
Is there much of a performance difference between the different cards? eg will an ASUS card work better with an ASUS motherboard?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is there much of a performance difference between the different cards? eg will an ASUS card work better with an ASUS motherboard?
Not really. On the understanding that you're using the card for 4k 144Hz, you may see 1 or 2 FPS increase with the Asus, possible cooler temps, but really when it comes down to it, no real world difference. It won't work any differently on different boards.