RTX 3080

Mo_Mo

Man, that does look pretty sweet!

I have no doubt they’ll gradually improve performance with a few updates, there’s no way they’ll leave it as it currently is, they have worked far too hard to gain their reputation and this game is too important for them.
Yeah I know! Still enjoyable even with the problems. I got to a mission in the game which froze my pc every time I start the game up but the new driver update fixed it. There’s also graphical driver issues with the game since day 1.

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
So, even though I really do want the ROG Strix 3080 (I think it would look nicer in my build and I don't NEED better) but would it be easier to acquire a 3090 at this point? Any word on that?

kozuki

Enthusiast
So, even though I really do want the ROG Strix 3080 (I think it would look nicer in my build and I don't NEED better) but would it be easier to acquire a 3090 at this point? Any word on that?
seems like it, however we don't know if PCS has any stock on 3090, if not, if it's coming sooner than the strix cards (which are still very uncertain and projected for january-february). Best bet is contacting PCS and asking them directly

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
seems like it, however we don't know if PCS has any stock on 3090, if not, if it's coming sooner than the strix cards (which are still very uncertain and projected for january-february). Best bet is contacting PCS and asking them directly
pretty sure it's 0 stock for a 3090 too. But Due to the 3090's price it has fewer orders. The 3080ti Will probably release in February which if I'm projecting correctly is when the regular 3080 may get some supplies, and it would kinda suck to get the 3080 when the 3080 TI pops up when my machine may get delivered.

kozuki

Enthusiast
pretty sure it's 0 stock for a 3090 too. But Due to the 3090's price it has fewer orders. The 3080ti Will probably release in February which if I'm projecting correctly is when the regular 3080 may get some supplies, and it would kinda suck to get the 3080 when the 3080 TI pops up when my machine may get delivered.
it's just that 3090 might have more frequent stock refills. Damn why did you have to remind me that, even though I'm probably gonna be content with a 3080 after my laptop 1050Ti, lol. Any day now hopefully, but still waiting for PCS to respond about my order status

Prime

Certain AIB cards for the 3090 seem to have more availabilty now, like the Zotac or the Palit cards. There are certain component sellers that has those in stock now. But I think most people are putting up the money for the 3090 (like myself) are wanting either FE or the Strix model

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Certain AIB cards for the 3090 seem to have more availabilty now, like the Zotac or the Palit cards. There are certain component sellers that has those in stock now. But I think most people are putting up the money for the 3090 (like myself) are wanting either FE or the Strix model
Ah good point. I definitely rather have the FE or Strix, and since I can't choose I'll just hold onto my money. Besides I need a new monitor to go with the new set up when it comes anyway. It will be a boost towards that.

Prime

Ah good point. I definitely rather have the FE or Strix, and since I can't choose I'll just hold onto my money. Besides I need a new monitor to go with the new set up when it comes anyway. It will be a boost towards that.
That's such an important point that so many people don't really pay attention to. Anything less than a 4k120hz monitor is a waste of a 3090. Completely.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That's such an important point that so many people don't really pay attention to. Anything less than a 4k120hz monitor is a waste of a 3090. Completely.
I agree entirely.

The amount of people that the Mods and the experienced spec-helpers (you know who you are, you heroes!) have had to talk out of getting a 3080/3090 to go with their 1080p monitor is shocking / hilarious.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
What did you order? :)
Case CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

R1Z

CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Nice man, I had to purchase my own H115i due to it being out of stock.

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Nice man, I had to purchase my own H115i due to it being out of stock.
((gulp)) Maybe I shouldn't have ordered one myself... well whatever. I'm not even 30 days into my order yet. I still got months (Nervous twitch)

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
((gulp)) Maybe I shouldn't have ordered one myself... well whatever. I'm not even 30 days into my order yet. I still got months (Nervous twitch)
Once component stock levels start to go back to a more normal level, orders will be completed sooner. Hopefully you won't have to wait quite as long as some of us have had to. :)

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
Just over 2 months since I ordered and looks like there’s no end in sight, been trying to look at getting a 3080 somewhere else but there’s just nothing. The situation is so frustrating now, but I’ve decided to just give up until the end of January now and hope for the best because checking is getting me nowhere