RTX 3080

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It's happening! :eek:

Capture.JPG

Olising

It's sad to see people who ordered an entire month before me are only just getting their systems. I'm in for a long wait I am already not able to bare much longer. at 35 working days, and fear it will reach 60+ before I get my order. 😔 Wish I did more reading up on the 3080 issues before ordering... I naively knew nothing about the stock issues and assumed I would get my order in a few weeks... how foolish of me!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It's sad to see people who ordered an entire month before me are only just getting their systems. I'm in for a long wait I am already not able to bare much longer. at 35 working days, and fear it will reach 60+ before I get my order. 😔 Wish I did more reading up on the 3080 issues before ordering... I naively knew nothing about the stock issues and assumed I would get my order in a few weeks... how foolish of me!
In normal times, PCS often have desktops dispatched in 15 to 20 working days after ordering. 2020 being the year it has been with lockdowns, supply shortages, import/export issues globally and all the rest has thrown it all out of the window. If Nvidia are able to start getting a handle on their supply issues, orders will be fulfilled sooner. Keep the faith! :)

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I know it's fustrating, but hang in there so at least you can hold on to price you paid for in Nov 1st. Just to give an example the 6800xt gpu shot up from £636 to £810 in a matter of few weeks. I'm in the same boat at 34 days. You never know if pricing post brexit may get weird for the worst come 2021. Currently the 30 series gpu if you manage to bag one from an online retailer are at an inflated price and may stay that way for the next month or so.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which version of the ASUS strix rtx 3080 we have pre ordered? The 010g or 10g? I assumed when pre ordering the performance option that it is the 010g.

Hutch

I've been keeping track of this thread since before I ordered my build in November, so I was estimating a January arrival when I ordered it.

Now I'm thinking it's more likely to be mid-February. A shame that I'll miss out on the three promotional games I could have gotten, yet I'm sure I'll be too smitten by the performance to dwell on those missed promotions.

I still have Half-Life: Alyx ready to try when it arrives. I just need to sort out a good 'traditional' game to also try out upon its arrival.