RTX 3080

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
After choosing Amend Order
Go to your graphics card option.
Scroll to the very bottom, and select.
"None, I already have a graphics card"

ALSO:

Scan has shown that they have 3 makes of 3090 In stock for those interested in purchasing a Card separately.
Amazon have a couple of 3090s in stock as well.

AdZJT

So after 60 working days, I've finally decided to amend my order. I swapped out my Asus 3080 for a regular one.
Within a few hours my order has gone straight into building.
Although I now wish that I'd stopped being stubborn a few weeks ago. I'm honestly thrilled at the idea of my PC finally being built.
Can't wait!

shaps

So after 60 working days, I've finally decided to amend my order. I swapped out my Asus 3080 for a regular one.
Within a few hours my order has gone straight into building.
Although I now wish that I'd stopped being stubborn a few weeks ago. I'm honestly thrilled at the idea of my PC finally being built.
Can't wait!
I have been lurking this thread as guest since it started, I am now at 57 days ( getting old eh! ) and decided to swap out my Strix for a regular one too. Sadly my order hasn't gone into build, seeing yours going into build keeps my hopes high though!

doof

I have been lurking this thread as guest since it started, I am now at 57 days ( getting old eh! ) and decided to swap out my Strix for a regular one too. Sadly my order hasn't gone into build, seeing yours going into build keeps my hopes high though!
It's late in the day, so perhaps tomorrow something could tick over?

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Defo not getting mines anytime soon.

at 67 days and got an email yesterday 9am about an out of stock item, replaced and paid for said item by midday, asked likelihood of going into build got told;

"Your order will continue into testing as soon as possible once the change has been made, we are aiming for a delivery in time for Christmas"

And now dead silence

I'm happy when I hear people eventually getting builds, but just don't understand why mine is taking so long now, every time I have been told item out of stock I go on and replace with an in stock item.

Get the feeling its just a delaying tactic now, especially when people are changing orders from Asus (like I did nearly 4 weeks ago) and going straight into build, delighted for them but what's happened to mine now at 67.

If only @SpyderTracks was right about hitting the 70 working days :oops:

Olising

at 67 days and got an email yesterday 9am about an out of stock item, replaced and paid for said item by midday, asked likelihood of going into build got told;

"Your order will continue into testing as soon as possible once the change has been made, we are aiming for a delivery in time for Christmas"

And now dead silence

I'm happy when I hear people eventually getting builds, but just don't understand why mine is taking so long now, every time I have been told item out of stock I go on and replace with an in stock item.

Get the feeling its just a delaying tactic now, especially when people are changing orders from Asus (like I did nearly 4 weeks ago) and going straight into build, delighted for them but what's happened to mine now at 67.

See I got a 3080 myself today and took it off my order for this very reason. Even though there is a possibility I wouldn't have been waiting THAT much longer I am not prepared to wait as long as you have. Hope you get your build soon.

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster

And now dead silence

I would be getting straight onto their customer service, should be quiet at this time of night. Really really unfair that you’ve spent more money to change components to something in stock, a promise that it will go into build and nothing.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
See I got a 3080 myself today and took it off my order for this very reason. Even though there is a possibility I wouldn't have been waiting THAT much longer I am not prepared to wait as long as you have. Hope you get your build soon.
Don’t blame ya 👍

Must admit a large quantity of the time I was away with work so wasn’t too phased, but closer it’s got to xmas the more it’s got under the skin lol

Maybe spyders post about the 70 days is true 🤣🤣

ConnorM

Called PCS today and they said that I can swap to a 3090 as they have had 500 of them come in and 300 of them left, I unfortunately do not have the extra 617 pound to get it but maybe some of you guys do!😂🤦🏻

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
Pleased to say that my computer went into testing this morning and now has been dispatched. Looking forward to playing AC Valhalla this Christmas and Boxing Day in a rare case that I’m not working! Now I can only hope that someone at DPD doesn’t throw my computer around or drop it.

It’s not the prettiest of computers as I’ve gone for functionality over beauty, and with me needing a Blu-Ray drive there’s not many cases to choose from.

I will post my specification below as reference for anyone who has a similar setup, and I ordered just before 10am on 20th September.

Case
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive
4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st Storage Drive
4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW & SOFTWARE
Memory Card Reader
USB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
ASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) 2400Mbps/5GHz, 600Mbps/2.4GHz
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I would be getting straight onto their customer service, should be quiet at this time of night. Really really unfair that you’ve spent more money to change components to something in stock, a promise that it will go into build and nothing.
I’ve just got off the phone to them, they couldn’t be more helpful in fairness

Seems that the email should have went out earlier but hasn’t left the system, not sure how much truth to that lol

But did receive an email saying it had gone into build just moments ago

Now it would be the miracle of Xmas if it got here on Xmas eve 😍

Has yours dispatched yet??

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
I’ve just got off the phone to them, they couldn’t be more helpful in fairness

Seems that the email should have went out earlier but hasn’t left the system, not sure how much truth to that lol

But did receive an email saying it had gone into build just moments ago

Now it would be the miracle of Xmas if it got here on Xmas eve 😍

Has yours dispatched yet??
That’s excellent news!

Yes mine has been dispatched, on the way tomorrow.

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
a lot of good news :) Hopefully we can start seeing pictures of your Machines? I'm only 27 working days in. So I'm in for a long one, Hopefully the break from work won't be too torturous. I'm a QA Technician working from home so I'd love a better machine to do my work, and shoot some devs in the face at higher FPS.

Alas... I'm looking at 50-60 more days probably :( unless some sort of supply miracle comes in.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
a lot of good news :) Hopefully we can start seeing pictures of your Machines? I'm only 27 working days in. So I'm in for a long one, Hopefully the break from work won't be too torturous. I'm a QA Technician working from home so I'd love a better machine to do my work, and shoot some devs in the face at higher FPS.

Alas... I'm looking at 50-60 more days probably :( unless some sort of supply miracle comes in.
I do believe that the new year may bring in a steadier supply, not fast but steadier and the builds will go out a bit faster than now, hopefully you won't see anywhere near the 60s or 50s, (y)(y) I'm new to PC but I think those who are the master race will admit that the demand was exceptional and tie Covid in with that it was the perfect storm :cry:

The only issue I have is the communication, I have no doubt the build will be of the highest order, but nothing like being a mushroom especially circa 3 months :oops:

Gavras

Master Poster
I do believe that the new year may bring in a steadier supply, not fast but steadier and the builds will go out a bit faster than now, hopefully you won't see anywhere near the 60s or 50s, (y)(y) I'm new to PC but I think those who are the master race will admit that the demand was exceptional and tie Covid in with that it was the perfect storm :cry:

The only issue I have is the communication, I have no doubt the build will be of the highest order, but nothing like being a mushroom especially circa 3 months :oops:
Nope there is still a global shortage of components, substrates etc, if you don’t have them, you can’t manufacture cards etc.

it’s about a 50 week lead time for MLCC’s