RTX 3080

Jonathan Formosa

woke up this morning to a email saying that my estimated completion date would be 29 march I was shocked.
I placed my original order on a 3080 then after seeing the wait times I rang up PCS to switch for the 3090 (this was done a day after my original order) on the phone I was assured that they had 3090's in stock and my wait time would be lowered significantly so after upgrading my total order that had come just below £3000 because of this upgrade which is a lot in my eyes but I didn't want to wait the long que times. Now that I received this email I feel like I should of stayed with the 3080. Can anyone please shed light on this situation will it take that long even tho I am on the 3090 list?

I had a thought that it could just be an automated email and maybe the email predicted it of 3080 que time but still its got me thinking am I going to be waiting that long for a 3090?
When did you order?

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
So after waiting 16 working days ,and finding out that people are waiting for more than 70 days to get their rig , yesterday I wrote an email asking for an estimated time of build for my rig with 3080 and I9-850k . They said anywhere between 2-3 months from now.So I decided to go the extra mile and replace the 3080 with 3090 last night at around 8pm . Today i woke up to this message ,which at least is something.
''Just a quick update to keep you informed on the build status of your order. We aim to send you this update email every 5 days until your order is assembled so that you can keep track on the progress.''

The current estimated build date for your order is: Friday 29 January 2021.

Hopefully it will be sooner than that hehe..

DanFrewer

So after waiting 16 working days ,and finding out that people are waiting for more than 70 days to get their rig , yesterday I wrote an email asking for an estimated time of build for my rig with 3080 and I9-850k . They said anywhere between 2-3 months from now.So I decided to go the extra mile and replace the 3080 with 3090 last night at around 8pm . Today i woke up to this message ,which at least is something.
''Just a quick update to keep you informed on the build status of your order. We aim to send you this update email every 5 days until your order is assembled so that you can keep track on the progress.''

The current estimated build date for your order is: Friday 29 January 2021.

Hopefully it will be sooner than that hehe..
Updated my order Monday havent received a email since my original order on the 12 of December where is the consistency?

After contacting support (63 days waiting so far) and being assured all parts other than my graphics card are ready to go and I’m just waiting on my 3080. I’m now being told my cpu is out of stock aswell 😞 hopefully they’re mistaken and this isn’t the case!

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
When did you
woke up this morning to a email saying that my estimated completion date would be 29 march I was shocked.
I placed my original order on a 3080 then after seeing the wait times I rang up PCS to switch for the 3090 (this was done a day after my original order) on the phone I was assured that they had 3090's in stock and my wait time would be lowered significantly so after upgrading my total order that had come just below £3000 because of this upgrade which is a lot in my eyes but I didn't want to wait the long que times. Now that I received this email I feel like I should of stayed with the 3080. Can anyone please shed light on this situation will it take that long even tho I am on the 3090 list?

I had a thought that it could just be an automated email and maybe the email predicted it of 3080 que time but still its got me thinking am I going to be waiting that long for a 3090?
It must be another part in your build taking a while ,cuz i also upgraded to the 3090 and they gave me an estimate of end of January,while reassuring me they have 3090 in stock.

Updated my order Monday havent received a email since my original order on the 12 of December where is the consistency?
That’s what I’m wondering, I originally ordered on the same day as Smqtt, same CPU same PSU,upgraded to a 3090 a day before him yet his goes into building and dispatched and I’m still in pre production and was told everything was in stock and it should go into building on the 12th. Just seems like pure luck tbh. Their just swamped with the back log nobodies fault.

I changed my cpu and gpu to stuff they had in stock so im not sure really. I didnt even receive a email for the changes i made or when i emailed them i didnt get a reply.
I’ve not received an email for any of the several amendments I’ve made so don’t think that’s anything to worry about :)

dyllom

Seems like everyone is switching from the 3080 to the 3090, whats cases are we using for it? Turns out the reason my build hasn’t been made yet is because my case was out of stock, thought they would have took the opportunity to tell me that instead of calling them to find out. Is expected to arrive on the 15th

DanFrewer

Seems like everyone is switching from the 3080 to the 3090, whats cases are we using for it? Turns out the reason my build hasn’t been made yet is because my case was out of stock, thought they would have too the opportunity to tell me that instead of calling them to find out. Is expected to arrive on the 15th
Honestly I think this is a lesson for the future haha maybe a stock count when you order might be an addition

Seems like everyone is switching from the 3080 to the 3090, whats cases are we using for it? Turns out the reason my build hasn’t been made yet is because my case was out of stock, thought they would have took the opportunity to tell me that instead of calling them to find out. Is expected to arrive on the 15th
I’ve got a fractal define 7 on my build.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
After contacting support (63 days waiting so far) and being assured all parts other than my graphics card are ready to go and I’m just waiting on my 3080. I’m now being told my cpu is out of stock aswell 😞 hopefully they’re mistaken and this isn’t the case!
This is what I worry about now. That when the queue finally gets to me for the 3080 the other parts will be out of stock and the cycle continues. Just gotta be patient and hope it won’t be a year till I get the rig haha ;)

I was assured that all the other parts that I had ordered in stock definitely not a stock problem with my order dont know why I've been quoted that time frame 29 March seems too long to be waiting for a computer that has stock of all the components.

This is what I worry about now. That when the queue finally gets to me for the 3080 the other parts will be out of stock and the cycle continues. Just gotta be patient and hope it won’t be a year till I get the rig haha ;)
A little annoyed as I swapped the cpu to the new ryzen 7 from the older ryzen 7 at 2pm on the dot on launch. I would of thought even if a part is missing (such as the 3080 is) all other parts should of been allocated anyway as I have previously been advise all other parts are ready and waiting for the graphic card 😞

ThomasHewson

Bronze Level Poster
I have been watching this thread for a while now and decided to change from a 3080 to the 3090 4 days ago, haven't received any automated emails apart from the initial order. Just so you know I'm going for the 5900 and 3090 and currently at 29 working days.

Bbl

I have been watching this thread for a while now and decided to change from a 3080 to the 3090 4 days ago, haven't received any automated emails apart from the initial order. Just so you know I'm going for the 5900 and 3090 and currently at 29 working days.
Similar to you. 5900x 3090 28 working days

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Ive now amended my order twice ,and changed my PC CASE ,because my last one was out of stock to a case that is actually in stock (anything to speed up the process)
Im going with this case COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB530P

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Kinda dumb question ,but I was wondering what kind of 3080/3090 cards they include in the rigs now , i assume its not the Founders edition ?