RTX 3080

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
But surely they must therefore have a selection of PCs in WIP status waiting for just the GPU, another selection waiting for cpu and GPU etc...these could be categorised and a queue generated from that based on order dates? The main thing for me is the lack of communication as a whole. We shouldn’t even be having this conversation. I’m only in day 18 (yup..ouch) and I feel frustrated already (again, not at the GPU situation - just want to make that clear). I can only imagine how those waiting for 60+ days must feel with no correspondence from PCS. I realise this is probably not the place to vent so I’ll leave it there.
No, they don't part build machines, they only build them when all parts for the build in question are available

gipnose

Just hit the 40 working days mark today, the prospect of waiting for another 1-2 months for my build doesn't really bother me anymore as it weirdly gets less frustrating by the day. I'm holding out hope it's closer to a 1 month wait, as my current computer is barely functional, but if it ends up being longer then so be it.

DanFrewer

Just read online that because the rise of bitcoin 3080s and 90s are set to get even more challenging to get just what we need!

nice 69.PNG
Nice

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
12 December but recently changed to a 3090
Hey i have been following this thread for a few and i am in the same situation as you. I ordered my build on 11/12 with a rtx 3080 but switched to a 3090 yesterday. I called them to confirm that eberything else was in stock and they did. However they said it would be about a week to get a confirmation of my amended order, he also confirmed it would be less waiting times than if i ordered the 3080 as the 3090 is in stock so if you haven't heard anything from pcs since amending your order you should within a week.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is a good point raised....ordinarily this would be the case, yes. However, I remember reading something way back when the initial 3080 supply issues started, that they were building systems ready for when stock came in. I have no clue how accurate that was (can't remember where it came from so could have been completely false) or how long it happened (assuming it was true)....of course, if they did that now, they'd be sitting there with thousands of systems built for waiting GPUs...and would likely have no more room to build in their warehouse!!
I remember that too but I think it was a one-off based on a confident expectation of a delivery of cards.

So the information I got 2 days ago regarding my order was true. After 64 days I've now entered building like 5 minutes ago. Changed to a 3090 on day 61 keep in mind. Very pleased as you can imagine and excited to receive my bulld. Although communication has been poor for nearly my whole waiting time over the past two days pcs have done there upmost to help me and give me a better understanding of things on times etc. I was also told my build would be built today which is also true. For those still waiting hang in there. Hopefully it's not much longer for you yall who ordered in October anyways.. As they had started processing orders for the 6th of October so anyone round or near should be getting there's this month providing all is well. Keep the faith.

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
So the information I got 2 days ago regarding my order was true. After 64 days I've now entered building like 5 minutes ago. Changed to a 3090 on day 61 keep in mind. Very pleased as you can imagine and excited to receive my bulld. Although communication has been poor for nearly my whole waiting time over the past two days pcs have done there upmost to help me and give me a better understanding of things on times etc. I was also told my build would be built today which is also true. For those still waiting hang in there. Hopefully it's not much longer for you yall who ordered in October anyways.. As they had started processing orders for the 6th of October so anyone round or near should be getting there's this month providing all is well. Keep the faith.
this gives me hope having upgraded from a 3080 to 3090 only on 19 working days though so jm guessing you're way ahead in the production queue

Jonathan Formosa

I have no idea how PCS are doing it, it must be really hard this year with the 30 series launch.

Just hoping that the cue will go down soon. I'm so excited to hear from Nvidia this month. Also, I ordered a 4k monitor last week(not from pcs) and due to stock problems they don't no when it will arrive.

There are many reasons for the stock issues(Rona, weather, traffic). PCS have quickly had to adapt there work force to tackle the issue but there is only so much they can do.

Just had an interesting email from PCS, they stated that there are still waiting on GPU 3080 Strix and CPU AMD 5900x, however just before xmas they were only waiting on the GPU.
i am on day 45.
64 days here and just been told the same mate. Was told on the phone yesterday that everything was in stock except 3080 (standard).Got an email a few hours later saying that I am now waiting for stock on cpu and graphics 😞

nabulio

I phoned on Monday, having switched to the 3090 on the 31st of December, to get an update on the 5900x, seemingly the only missing component. Although the CPU is currently out of stock, they’re expecting a delivery on the 11th of January. They also said it was likely one would allocated to me, given the number of days against my build (40 days at the time).

If they receive the expected amount, I think we may see some movement next week, especially for those who upgraded to the 3090.

Gavras

Master Poster
This is a good point raised....ordinarily this would be the case, yes. However, I remember reading something way back when the initial 3080 supply issues started, that they were building systems ready for when stock came in. I have no clue how accurate that was (can't remember where it came from so could have been completely false) or how long it happened (assuming it was true)....of course, if they did that now, they'd be sitting there with thousands of systems built for waiting GPUs...and would likely have no more room to build in their warehouse!!
One of biggest problems of pre assembling and waiting for parts is you risk accidental damage to customer orders - cases etc, they get dust, they get moisture cold etc and as you said you need a lot of space to store stock that should have been shipped.

if I was a betting man, I would say they have a very small area that can be used if really required.

The Problem is these are usually areas you send reworks to, where an inspection finds a problem with a case, it gets accidentally marked etc.

I would really be happier my parts where sitting on a Shelf, allocated to a BOM that was allocated to my specific PO.

Would someone really want their case sitting around for 50 days in a manufacturing facility?