RTX 3080

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
Yep, the moment that 3090 starts working under load it's going to push a 750w PSU quite hard and work it at the higher end of its power threshold. The harder it's pushed, the shorter the lifespan.
Sorry last question on what is becoming a lecture on PSUs from AC. What would be the theoretical downside of say massively overspec'ing your PSU (e.g. 1200W+) beyond the increased purchase price? Is it bad for a PSU to be typically operating far below its peak? Internet seems to say not really.

Last edited:

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Actually that's not right, the RMi series has just completely disappeared from the configurator (if you start a new build). I was also on the 1000W RMi and I suspect that like me that option is sitting at the very bottom of your amend configurator beyond the 1200W and 1600W. It's the same issue as when you're on an out of stock case and it gets listed to the far left of the selection panel.

EDIT: just saw your first post, yeah you're in the same boat as me with the 1000W RMi, I'm going to bet that's your problem. Would you mind asking them about what 850W and 1000W units they have in stock / expecting delivery soon?
yeah will do !

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Alright !
After waiting on queue for 1hour 15min (expected more TBH) Ive got the following info.
Everything on my order is in stock ,its just waiting for the team to build it since there are other pcs being build before mine .He said anytime by the end of next week ,should be going into build ,but thats also not guaranteed.I guess we just need to look at the ''average build time'' right now which is 29 days ,which im hitting end of this -next week.

Regarding the PSU's ,he said that they have all those PSU's in stock but they are reserved already for people that ordered when those items were in stock.The 1000w RMi is in stock for my rig ,but it wont be for anyone that decides to build a pc right now (whats showing on config page).The same goes for all the others grayed out .

Also the only available PSU now from 800 and above series is the 850W RM .
Basically he recommended to not amend anything on my order and just wait for it to go into building ,cuz there isnt anything holding it back.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Sorry last question on what is becoming a lecture on PSUs from AC. What would be the theoretical downside of say massively overspec'ing your PSU (e.g. 1200W+) beyond the increased purchase price? Is it bad for a PSU to be typically operating far below its peak? Internet seems to say not really.
It’s absolutely fine, there’s no lower threshold you need to be concerned about. If I was building a PC with an estimated power draw of say 725w and I only had the choice of an 850w or 1200w PSU, I’d go 1200w (assuming my theoretical budget would suit such a decision).

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
Just thought I'd give an update!
Ordered 17th November
I have i7-10700k
Changed to 3090 9th Jan
With 1000w rmi

Mine has just gone into build!
Good luck folks
thats interesting you both placed your order and made the switch to 3090 after I did, happy for you in any case

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
Alright !
After waiting on queue for 1hour 15min (expected more TBH) Ive got the following info.
Everything on my order is in stock ,its just waiting for the team to build it since there are other pcs being build before mine .He said anytime by the end of next week ,should be going into build ,but thats also not guaranteed.I guess we just need to look at the ''average build time'' right now which is 29 days ,which im hitting end of this -next week.

Regarding the PSU's ,he said that they have all those PSU's in stock but they are reserved already for people that ordered when those items were in stock.The 1000w RMi is in stock for my rig ,but it wont be for anyone that decides to build a pc right now (whats showing on config page).The same goes for all the others grayed out .

Basically he recommended to not amend anything on my order and just wait for it to go into building ,cuz there isnt anything holding it back.
I ammended my lsu to a 850 Txm today, it said it was in stock on the amendment page so it must have been one of the last

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
Oops I regret switching off the 1000W RMi now... but it sounds like the 850W RM will be fine anyway and it saved me a bit of cash.

Finger crossed dude and keep us updated.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
i think someone with everything in stock at order date mid October went into build yesterday ,and today im seeing someong with November order date going into build ... its going good for the December Gang :)))))

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
11 december and changed to 3090 on the 6th i believe
niceee im 14th december,right behind ya .

You changed to 850 today and went into build ,i hope what the guy said over the phone is true and im not waiting for a new stock of 1000w cuz i should be going into build today or tomorrow judging by our dates of order.

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
niceee im 14th december,right behind ya .

You changed to 850 today and went into build ,i hope what the guy said over the phone is true and im not waiting for a new stock of 1000w cuz i should be going into build today or tomorrow judging by our dates of order.
you should be fine imo, the 850 psu's seemed to have gone out of stock very shortly after i bought mine so i got lucky in a way someone else could have snatched it

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
22nd Dec here and switched to 3090 on the 5th Jan, so getting excited
i also switched on the 5th to the 3090 ,but from what i've seen it does not change ytour general place in the queue if you amend ur order.
If someone with everything in stock from October changed to the 3090 from 3080 today he would still go before me into build