RTX 3080

I daren't mention I don't actually want it for gaming either *ducks and hides* - machine learning and point cloud crunching for laser scanning.
tenor.gif

(joking ;) :ROFLMAO: )

dieselnut

I was sold on the higher single-thread performance as a lot of the apps I work with can bottleneck a single core leaving the others sat twiddling their thumbs, then I looked at the waitlist for the new AMD chips and that sealed my decision. Once the data is prepped it's all over to the GPU anyway, so the CPU tends to drop back to almost idle whilst the GPU takes the beating.

dieselnut

I don't know if it's related - but I paid cash for mine, so technically they've had my money since November too, whereas if you're financing it they don't get the cash until it ships and you don't pay either? I don't know if that's your case Tamutol.

That, or it's a glitch and someone clicked the wrong thing and it's not really building 😢😢

Tamutol

Bronze Level Poster
I don't know if it's related - but I paid cash for mine, so technically they've had my money since November too, whereas if you're financing it they don't get the cash until it ships and you don't pay either? I don't know if that's your case Tamutol.

That, or it's a glitch and someone clicked the wrong thing and it's not really building 😢
Same boat then. Yeah it’s nothing to do with you, it’s good to see machines leaving at all tbh.

Goldy

That, or it's a glitch and someone clicked the wrong thing and it's not really building 😢😢
do u get one with a gpu waterblock? it could be because the gpu comes with the block pre-installed which would mean that they would technically fall into a different batch than the other gpus.

dieselnut

do u get one with a gpu waterblock? it could be because the gpu comes with the block pre-installed which would mean that they would technically fall into a different batch than the other gpus.
Yes, I got it with a GPU waterblock - I didn't actually realise you could get them with the waterblock pre-attached until I saw one on another site that had an AIO cooler setup on the card from the factory. I just assumed there would be a pile of spare fans sat around the PCS offices where they strip them to put the waterblocks on (can you tell why I have PCS Building it rather than doing it myself!!)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Gpu water blocks aren’t preinstalled on any GPU, they’re a separate components that’s part of the custom loop.

The GPU just has a bare cooling plate ready to fit the block.

they are different GPU’s to normal GPUs.

Dannyjw

Can i just ask is PCS having more trouble than other sites with the 3080?

2 of my friends have ordered PCs with a 3080.

1 ordered in September and got his around a month later.
The other ordered in December and has just had his confirmed for early feb.

Yet here i am sitting here on 73 days like a clown.

Edit: Gonna be honest. Having a moderator sneakily edit my post makes this all even more questionable.

Last edited: