RTX 3080

AndrewJohnson263

received an email last night giving me various options from waiting throu amending to cancelling order. As I'm in no rush I happy to wait. Only on day 10 atm so quite early in the process. It was fantastic to get an email with the options though. Thank you @PCS for keeping me informed.

hol135

Bronze Level Poster
Spoke to livechat guy about the asus rog 3080 strix..he said they are fufiling orders from september currently. Also was told my order could go in to building in April. I ordered mid november so...thats like a 5-6 month wait..😭

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Spoke to livechat guy about the asus rog 3080 strix..he said they are fufiling orders from september currently. Also was told my order could go in to building in April. I ordered mid november so...thats like a 5-6 month wait..😭
So that means for me at least it will be what I thought around July/Aug for me who ordered at the end of December.

AaranmMc

The ROG STRIX is probably the hardest 3000 AIB card to get, but all 3080 cards are difficult.. ASUS have been stocking amazon France and Italy with 1-9 cards once in a blue moon.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Well I'm on 84 working days and just today have been notified it was built and now in testing. Honestly at this stage I'll believe it when I see it and it's actually all plugged in and running in front of me. My build includes the Ryzen 9 5950X and ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080.

I was told it was ready for building beginning of Jan. Then a few days later I was told I had to first pay an updated VAT bill for which I still haven't been sent and have requested several times from 2 different people at the helpdesk. One of those e-mails was about 13 days ago with no reply. :ROFLMAO:

But yea it's getting built anyway? Frankly if I wanted to deal with clowns I'd have gone to a circus. 🤡

Anyway, good luck out there folks.
I've had my PC for a week now and every time I walk inside my room and see it i skip a beat .
Every morning I login in the PCs forums and check my order out of habit even though the PC is right next to me :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Guys, can we keep on topic please, this thread is purely for the generic 3080 and systems that include it.

A few of you are commenting on builds with 3090's or Strix 3080's each of which have their own threads.

eboy

I've had my PC for a week now and every time I walk inside my room and see it i skip a beat .
Every morning I login in the PCs forums and check my order out of habit even though the PC is right next to me :D
Oh I can imagine!

Well I can confirm, from my previous post, my PC is being tested and if no errors should be sent off to me this week I was told. So for those wondering, my build includes the Ryzen 5950X and ROG Strix 3080. Took 84 working days to enter build and was processed 6th Oct 2020.

Hopefully for some of you it's faster!

edit: oops sorry I just saw Spyders post above.

Rakk

The Awesome
The ASUS ROG Strix 3080 is greyed out on the selection panel. Is it possible to swap to this model from the standard 3080 ?
Possibly not, even if you could, you'd likely be in for a much longer wait than just for a standard 3080 at any rate.
Anyway there is a thread for the ASUS 3080 so please keep this thread about the non-ASUS 3080 :)

Snooze

OH its been dispatched, damn that didnt take long at all only went into building last thursday, but its on the way.
Did we ever discover why yours was built so fast ? Was it a special water cooler variant of the 3080 or just a 3080 they slapped a waterblock on ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did we ever discover why yours was built so fast ? Was it a special water cooler variant of the 3080 or just a 3080 they slapped a waterblock on ?
They’ve been prebuilding the custom water cooled units that were just awaiting GPUs so it was just a case of fitting the GPU and soak test before shipping

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes but his order was some time after some of the other people on here who are waiting on a 3080.
it’s a custom loop though isn’t it? So it’s a totally different card they’re sourcing, much easier to get hole of I’d imagine as very few people want them.

The_Fonz

Not too sure honestly, i can post the specs but its a liquid series without a waterblock for the 3080, 5950x pretty normal stuff