RTX 3080

RosSin

Thats what I keep telling myself but then you see in the Ryzen thread that the 5900 and 5950s are gonna be lean until April. So even if Nvidia step up production, AMD are gonna let us down next and it seems like getting all your ducks in a row with your PCS order, your 3080 comes in but there's no 5900 for you then it looks like your card goes to the next customer and so on.

I dont like the thought of that but if thats how they run it, what can you do?
This is why I went with the 5800x instead. Having two parts that have no eta would probably up my wait time massively.

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Thing is like I said before theres nothing else to do the days do roll by quickly. Understood the people before Christmas might have been on a sticky wicket but when you see 80 and now 91 days now, what can you do? Cancel I’ve only got to join the queue again.

No point ordering one without a GPU as I’m still at the mercy of sourcing one separately which means eBay and you can stuff that if I’m paying scalpers.

Thing is like I said before theres nothing else to do the days do roll by quickly. Understood the people before Christmas might have been on a sticky wicket but when you see 80 and now 91 days now, what can you do? Cancel I’ve only got to join the queue again.

No point ordering one without a GPU as I’m still at the mercy of sourcing one separately which means eBay and you can stuff that if I’m paying scalpers.
One thing it’s worth doing is looking for stock coming in at retail. I managed to get my 3070 that way and then amended my order to not need a gpu. You’ve got the PCs build as your guarantee back up then, but if you find one else where you can amend and be done with it :)

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
On but off topic kinda. I was lucky to get both a PS5 and Series X on launch day but see people in retail now trying to get these machines I believe doing that trying to get this GPU would be actually worse than this queue I am in that nobody knows how long is.

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
One thing it’s worth doing is looking for stock coming in at retail. I managed to get my 3070 that way and then amended my order to not need a gpu. You’ve got the PCs build as your guarantee back up then, but if you find one else where you can amend and be done with it :)
What do you think the chances are of getting a 3080 from the likes of Currys?

I've been checking their site multiple times a day but so far have had no luck and unsure if people are using bots on the site. There was the Strix card I looked at and it popped up that there was about 41000 views on that product alone within the last 24hrs which I thought was insane.

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
What do you think the chances are of getting a 3080 from the likes of Currys?

I've been checking their site multiple times a day but so far have had no luck and unsure if people are using bots on the site. There was the Strix card I looked at and it popped up that there was about 41000 views on that product alone within the last 24hrs which I thought was insane.
I had a friend get one from Currys a few weeks ago but I think it's down to luck at this point.

70 working days!

Ash_

Master Poster
If you want to get a 3080 from currys it’s a ridiculous window.

you need to be on the card within probably 5 seconds of the discord notification, add to basket, select delivery, fill details of card and then (assume you’re on the app and delivery address is prefilled) click pay.

And as spyder said... you have around 30 seconds to do it all.

if you’re on the website, you have no chance.