RTX 3080

OllHol

Wait serious question, you do have a 3080 right? From what I know they don't pick your components till your ready to build and 62days is 40 below anyone else currently going into building, did you order a Strix card?? Because if not that's a massive chunk they've taken out of the reg 3080s and also probably means I won't get my 100 day cake and I really wanted the 100 day cake
Yeah I’ve got a 3080. I’m not in building but they’ve emailed me saying I need to change my motherboard. Just wondering as I’ve probably got 40 more working days of waiting, is it smart to leave the motherboard as it may restock?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I’ve got a 3080. I’m not in building but they’ve emailed me saying I need to change my motherboard. Just wondering as I’ve probably got 40 more working days of waiting, is it smart to leave the motherboard as it may restock?
It’s entirely up to you.

Lappie

Happy Birthday!!!

RTX.PNG

Sergiu0588

Got an email to say that my motherboard is out of stock and they have suggested one that I amend to. I am on day 62, and it’s looking like another month and a half of waiting, so do you guys know if I don’t amend it, and it comes in stock before the GPU is assigned it’ll be alright? Or am I slowly being overtaken by orders that have fully stocked PCs as my order doesn’t progress until amended? And finally does amending your order affect your place in the queue in any way?
Cheers!
I don't understand, how can an item that you've paid in full months ago become out of stock for you if at the time of purchase it was available and not on pre-order, etc. This does not look right, the items that are in stock at the time of purchase should be reserved for you waiting only for the pre-order item. Is this not right? Is this in PCS T&C's to use "your" items that you've paid for in someone elses build and let them become out of stock for you...??

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't understand, how can an item that you've paid in full months ago become out of stock for you if at the time of purchase it was available and not on pre-order, etc. This does not look right, the items that are in stock at the time of purchase should be reserved for you waiting only for the pre-order item. Is this not right? Is this in PCS T&C's to use "your" items that you've paid for in someone elses build and let them become out of stock for you...??
If you read the forum stickies, it's all outlined, if there is a person in the queue further ahead than you that requires a part that's allocated to you, it will be transferred to them, order date takes priority.

People change their builds all the time, and pre allocated stocks need to be reissued, this isn't a simple order method, it's based on over 25 components per build.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
As stated above you can amend your order as many times as you want in pre production so keeping track of over 25 parts for thousands of constantly changing orders would be a nightmare. Also especially in the current situation parts are used for the oldest orders to make sure pcs are actually leaving the building.

Sergiu0588

As stated above you can amend your order as many times as you want in pre production so keeping track of over 25 parts for thousands of constantly changing orders would be a nightmare. Also especially in the current situation parts are used for the oldest orders to make sure pcs are actually leaving the building.
Totally agree with you guys! Is just, somehow dosen't feel right. I still think that if someone wants to amend his order, they can only pick a specific item that PCS have in stock (extra and not transferred from someone that bought it already) and if they still want to go ahead amending the order they should only be able to pre-order it. Anyway, not point moaning about this, they have to run the business and keep the customers happy whatever it takes...well, at least some of the customers!
Have a great Sunday guys!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Totally agree with you guys! Is just, somehow dosen't feel right. I still think that if someone wants to amend his order, they can only pick a specific item that PCS have in stock (extra and not transferred from someone that bought it already) and if they still want to go ahead amending the order they should only be able to pre-order it. Anyway, not point moaning about this, they have to run the business and keep the customers happy whatever it takes...well, at least some of the customers!
Have a great Sunday guys!
Unfortunately a lot of people will order before getting advice and then much later on realise that perhaps what they've ordered isn't suitable and then essentially change the entire build, this happens very often and really messes up the allocation system....

Unfortunately people are fallible, and PCS need to accommodate that in the fairest way possible.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There are no "your" items until it's in your hands. Items that were in stock at the time of your order are used by builds ahead of you in the queue, and because of the uncertainty in stock deliveries there is currently a good chance that popular items will have been used up by the time they get to your build in the queue and you have to wait.

When you place an order what you're doing is ordering a build, you're not purchasing the specific items that happen to be on the shelves at that time. Parts are NOT allocated to you at the time of order, only at the time of build. Not only is this common sense it's normal practice everywhere when you order something to be built for you.

rouchie

Rising Star
Hi guys, I am a mere whippersnapper with just 25 working days under my belt, and have been watching this thread on a daily basis, must say the first 25 days seemed to have flown by, but I bet time slows right down the nearer to the 100 plus mark you get, when you are expecting some movement on your order! I am thinking I might repost my specs at around 50 working days in pre-production to see if any tweaks are advised :) At least it gives me something to break the long haul with!!

Wuffles

Hi guys, I am a mere whippersnapper with just 25 working days under my belt, and have been watching this thread on a daily basis, must say the first 25 days seemed to have flown by, but I bet time slows right down the nearer to the 100 plus mark you get, when you are expecting some movement on your order! I am thinking I might repost my specs at around 50 working days in pre-production to see if any tweaks are advised :) At least it gives me something to break the long haul with!!
I believe Albert Einstein summed it up beautifully "Time is relative; its only worth depends upon what we do as it is passing"
Being on 90+ days in the 3080 queue I am now fixated on only three things (not including the PCS build mail)

#1 Looking forward perversely to my AgentCooper 100 Day cake (a true rite of passage)
#2 Blackwood's Gin
#3 Blackwood's Gin

OllHol

Yeah it’s a bit of a bummer but they give parts to orders that they can ship with them. So kinda makes sense. Just hope the part is back in by the time I get a GPU allocated.