RTX 3080

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
We're all in a very similar situation. Unfortunately, all we can do is be patient and wait.
I think we all have patience , but knowing more information would be good.
Even like a different forum where they are told "an ok amount"
"Good amount"
"Large amount"

Better than a kick in the....

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Have you called and asked?
I just have. Below are their condensed responses.
  • - They don't have a specific queue for the cards.
  • - It's first come first serve with no ETA.
  • - A potential reason someone may have received their order earlier is if any other components in your build were out of stock
Regarding that last point I asked the question if another component was out of stock, potentially, would the card assigned to my build be passed on to another build thus, having to wait for both components all over again.

They said that they "can't comment on individual cases, but it is a possibility that this has happened".

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Literally got off the phone to them again.
Spoke to Sam who put me on hold to find out what the situation was. He did also ask me who it was I spoke to before, who had given the wrong information.

Apparently my order is in fact waiting on a 3080 and not a cooler. As they had arrived in this weekend and I shouldn't of been told that

He told me he had spoke to his supervisor as my total wait time was concerning (as in total it is 32 days) and they would seek to do something about this and update me with an email.

Last edited:

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Spoke to Sam who put me on hold to find out what the situation was. Who did also asked me who it was I spoke to before who gave the mistake information.

Apparently my order is in fact waiting on a 3080 and not a cooler. As they had arrived in this weekend.

He told he had spoke to his supervisor as my total wait time was concerning (as in total it is 32 days) and they would seek to do something about this and update me with an email.
Sounds like I should also give them a call. I'm currently at 30 days (My earlier correspondence was by email)

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
My pre-production is at 22 days. But I ordered on the 17th so the order time is obviously longer. Are you guys going by order date or pre-production time?

Also does anyone know if the live chat is disabled as it always says no one available...

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Please don’t make any assumptions at all, it’s particularly damaging for you and any other person reading the thread.

The only way is to find out yourself what the deal is with your individual case.
I'm not assuming anything. Just more information would be great.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I also for
Spoke to Sam who put me on hold to find out what the situation was. He did also ask me who it was I spoke to before who gave the wrong information.

Apparently my order is in fact waiting on a 3080 and not a cooler. As they had arrived in this weekend and I shouldn't of been told that

He told me he had spoke to his supervisor as my total wait time was concerning (as in total it is 32 days) and they would seek to do something about this and update me with an email.
Also he assured me that they had been getting Strix models in.

At what qty and which version of the strix I did not ask.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not assuming anything. Just more information would be great.
If you need more information, just phone and ask.

I’m not sure how many times we can reiterate this, there are NO ESTIMATES for the 3080 cards, they’re being sent in dribs and drabs from manufacturers in China and Taiwan, production volumes are low and demand is extremely high.

No one is able to give estimates, check out any supplier, they’re all in the same boat, it’s a worldwide stock issue.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
I was just scimming through the nvidia reddit and scan.co.uk just released a load of founders editions 3080 and 3090s. Managed to order one before they went out of stock with shipping tomorrow. Once I get the dispatch email I'll cancel the strix with PCS and it should go into build mode pretty rapido fingers crossed.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
The real problem is not the waiting itself, but not knowing how long I need to wait and I just keep wondering, but unfortunately no-one knows any ETA. If my order doesn't go into building this week, I'll ask them on the web chat if the 3080 is the only thing delaying it, as I have amended my order (once myself, once via support to switch to AMD), and I wonder if that affected my queue position/card assignment in any way. I still won't get an ETA, but I'll feel more informed, which should help with the wait.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
Good to know about the amendments. The only things I can think of that could have been out of stock at any point are the 1000W PSU I had in my original order (which I amended to 850W), and the H115i cooler that I added to my order, which should now be back in stock.

I don't really blame PCS for the lack of an ETA, they don't know a whole lot more than us about the 3080 stock.

I guess in the worst scenario my new PC will be a Christmas gift...

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
I was just scimming through the nvidia reddit and scan.co.uk just released a load of founders editions 3080 and 3090s. Managed to order one before they went out of stock with shipping tomorrow. Once I get the dispatch email I'll cancel the strix with PCS and it should go into build mode pretty rapido fingers crossed.
The card has been dispatched! Mad to think I'm going to be sat with a graphics card and no pc for at least a week most likely :LOL:. Good luck to all those who ordered a Strix 3080 as you'll be one order closer as of tomorrow morning

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The card has been dispatched! Mad to think I'm going to be sat with a graphics card and no pc for at least a week most likely :LOL:. Good luck to all those who ordered a Strix 3080 as you'll be one order closer as of tomorrow morning
That's awesome you managed to get one, congratulations!!!! Which model did you get?