RTX 3080

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
That's awesome you managed to get one, congratulations!!!! Which model did you get?
3090. Mostly for gaming but I realised that I'll be starting a new job that requires quite a bit of machine learning to be done both on the cloud and on local machines so I'd spend a little bit extra to give that extra boost. Please don't judge me haha. ;)

D

Deleted member 103489

Congrats on getting the 3090, you will be impressed with the results, i know i am :-O

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Mine has been in the, In Building stage now for 5 days so I guess it could actually be still waiting for the 3080? Not sure how things work, if part of it would be built etc. Its a liquid series if that makes any difference in terms of building.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mine has been in the, In Building stage now for 5 days so I guess it could actually be still waiting for the 3080? Not sure how things work, if part of it would be built etc. Its a liquid series if that makes any difference in terms of building.
Best to contact PCS.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Best to contact PCS.
I'm in no rush so will see how the week pans out, still deciding on a monitor and still building my desk, did the TV section over the weekend so not ready for it yet.
Just thought I would post it to see what maybe be the case of the longer build time, not a where is my PC question kind of thing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm in no rush so will see how the week pans out, still deciding on a monitor and still building my desk, did the TV section over the weekend so not ready for it yet.
Just thought I would post it to see what maybe be the case of the longer build time, not a where is my PC question kind of thing.
Water series builds take a lot longer than a standard build, especially if you've chosen hardline as each tube has to be custom bent to your particular build.

Testing also takes significantly longer as they have to test for leaks over an extended period.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I got an auto update stating tomorrow but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I have built up quite a salty collection now.

Hobbitey

I enquired again last night, I was told that my order was just awaiting the H115i cooler but has not been recieved yet. Due to get another shipment on 21st apparently, we will wait and see

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Another interesting point on the call is that they ordered £1.2 mil worth of cards but they're only receiving up to £16k a week. The guy on the call seemed equally as frustrated waiting for them as we are 🙃
I bet they're even more frustrated. They know they're letting their customers down and yet there is nothing they can do about that. I'd bet too that they don't know until the order arrives how many they're going to get each time and that's probably why they can't offer more realistic build times.

Hobbitey

Agreed, like others have said PCS are doing what they can. I don't buy Nvidia saying it's a 'phenomenon' that these cards have sold out... Surely you can gauge interest from loads of places pre launch (Google searches/page visits etc). Let's hope Big Navi next month forces them to release some of their secret stash to PCS :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Agreed, like others have said PCS are doing what they can. I don't buy Nvidia saying it's a 'phenomenon' that these cards have sold out... Surely you can gauge interest from loads of places pre launch (Google searches/page visits etc). Let's hope Big Navi next month forces them to release some of their secret stash to PCS :D
Nvidia only started production of the 3080 chips in August for a September launch, was far too late.

They should have delayed the release date like they have done with the 3070.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
It has arrived. The card is enormous and incredibly heavy but it's gorgeous!

Fingerprint magnet though :(
16031881355411739100231001233256.jpg