RTX 3080

KorPez

My criticism is the lack of communication, the lack of information, clarity and transparency. Rest of the stuff I whine about is completely dependant on how PCS does business. Simple queue information, stock information or incoming inventory information would go such a long way..

Now, again, I understand. I understand the tremendous stress the customer services are under. The demand, the stock, the shortages and last but by no means least COVID. It isn't easy. All I am asking is transparency and communication. Thats all. Hopefully this is clear.

*This is my first order from PCS. I've read amazing things about the company and how they build their systems. I made sure I was in good hands before handing over £2500. And I still think I will get a well built, well optimised system. However, I did hand out £2500 like many of us here. And I expect a little more in terms of transparency and customer service. We all had to change our way of work or way of life due to changes in our day to day life with COVID. I think it is fair to expect a company to do the same in regards to customer care. Not just change internally, but externally also..

*To take on the examples of our politicians, allow me to share an analogy :) Think of a lovely holiday you are about to go on to, the destination, beaches, bars..etc. may be amazing but if the travel company book you an airline that wont even serve you water and charge you an arm and a leg for a carry-on, or the hotel they book you in is awful, you are left with those memories and unlikely to take that airlines, stay in that hotel or use that travel company ever again. Even though the destination they take you is amazing..

Let's hope ASUS get's it together and we all run to leave this horrid year behind while playing Cyberpunk and rendering on Cinebench :)

Happy holidays everyone..

*edited
Feels like the main focus of my argument is being overlooked and instead we are starting to talk about who has this card who has that card.

As I mentioned above, how PCS does business is up to them. I don't know how they do business, I don't know the deals they have and I don't know the partners they have. I simply stated a wish list in terms of what I would have liked to see and find as a customer.

My main focus was the customer service, transparency and clarity. Hope that's clear, again.

KorPez

I talk to loads of people and not 1 mentioned they had a TUF or MSI. Then again I never asked and most of them aren't gamers lol. Keep calm and carry on...
I am 35 and I work in media. Most of the people I talk to would be considered as professionals and not gamers.

Gavras

Master Poster
I didn't mention Scan or Overclockers or any other retailer.
I simply stated two facts;
1) Everyone I talk to either has a TUF or a MSI card (Granted, I did not mention this to make a point). I would say 40% / 60%
2) TUF is arriving into UK, but Strix ?

I understand the need to say "No, you're wrong" but 100 cards arriving into UK from TUF is still more than 0 cards arriving into UK.

And again, I didn't mention any retailers. That was simply because when asked, if where the card was bought from, the answers were mixed. Scan and Overclockers are big, but they are not the only companies who import goods into the country.
The Strix card uses only MLCC’s (the tuff may or maybe a mix) it is the only 3080 card (at present to do so).

most manufacturers use a mix of SPcaps (Poscaps) and MLCC, although with reported failures and overall reliability of non MLCC’s then this may change.

I would hazard an educated guess that Strix cards are suffering from MLCC shortage and that unlike TUF cards, the Strix are binned components, using binning then makes shortages even more acute.

Even if the TUF is wholly MLCC then as it does not rely on binned components, supply chain issues will not cause as many problems with kitting.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Feels like the main focus of my argument is being overlooked and instead we are starting to talk about who has this card who has that card.

As I mentioned above, how PCS does business is up to them. I don't know how they do business, I don't know the deals they have and I don't know the partners they have. I simply stated a wish list in terms of what I would have liked to see and find as a customer.

My main focus was the customer service, transparency and clarity. Hope that's clear, again.
Personally I think your original observations about communication and transparency are both valid and accurate. Many on here have made similar points.

I would strongly suggest that all those who would like PCS to provide better communication and/or transparency contact PCS directly with their concerns and suggestions. PCS staff rarely visit here so concerns and observations posted here don't have the impact on PCS that you may be hoping for.

Quagga

Ordered: Stock 3080 / 5900X
Order Date: 05-11-2020 14:17
Pre Production: 23 Days
Place In Queue: No Idea (not sure if it's the CPU or GPU that's on the critical path)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Feed that back to PCS. Whilst it’s nice to know what people are thinking, any suggestions like that need to be fed to them directly.

SgtSprog

I see its pointless to try and add a little positivity and another perspective to the torrents of bile that are heaped on PCS staff and forum moderators in this thread.

Thought I would post my experience to try and help others but alas NO,

UPDATE: I have been waiting 17 days
  • My Monitors arrived today
  • My GPU arrives tomorrow (not from ebay or scalper)
  • My PCS system hopefully by the weekend (next week at latest)
  • Gaming in ecstasy next week!
Lesson: if you don’t like your situation get creative and change it not whine at people doing their best to help you.

PS – take advice and you may be happier 😊

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I see its pointless to try and add a little positivity and another perspective to the torrents of bile that are heaped on PCS staff and forum moderators in this thread.

Thought I would post my experience to try and help others but alas NO,

UPDATE: I have been waiting 17 days
  • My Monitors arrived today
  • My GPU arrives tomorrow (not from ebay or scalper)
  • My PCS system hopefully by the weekend (next week at latest)
  • Gaming in ecstasy next week!
Lesson: if you don’t like your situation get creative and change it not whine at people doing their best to help you.

PS – take advice and you may be happier 😊
That's very well put (y)

ShivT

I'm essentially commenting to be a data point. As It's pretty clear that a rock-solid understanding of when/how/why machines are getting sent is not really being grasped, and the 3080 seems to be the biggest bottle neck for the delays.

I ordered my machine 13/11/20
From what I understand people are seeing machines shipped out around the 50 + day mark.
So I am fairly certain I will see an update for my machine around Mid-to-late January, possibly February.

No this is not Ideal, but It is what it is. Nvidia decided they would release with a sub-par stock and we're all suffering for it. This has caused a ripple effect onto other tech components to substitute or placate the delays. (E.G. Can't get a 3080? Buy the 3090 or a Radeon) Thus bottoming out the entire market. Combine that with Covid protocols, reduced delivery traffic etc and you're looking at a huge back-log across every retailer in the industry. I am not a patient man, but it would help me if you guys were also patient along with me. Solidarity my tech deprived friends.

It's also been made clear from this thread that Changing/Switching out back ordered components puts you at the BACK OF THE QUEUE. (Correct me if I'm wrong here) The real heat for this nonsense should be at the manufacturers on why they are not able to get these components into the hands of willing paying customers. Take care all.

P.S. These forums are very difficult to navigate as an arachnophobe =/

I ordered my machine 28th September 2020.
Currently at 51 working days of production time and still in pre-production.
I think it depends what 3080 you've ordered as to when you receive your order because we may be in different queues. I ordered a ROG Strix - I've found no evidence of anyone receiving one of these and I've tried in vain to speak to PCS about swapping it out.

Fundamentally I do not understand why PCS can't publish a queue. Scan seem to manage just fine and I bet it has dramatically reduced the burden on their customer service teams.
P.S. lolz @ arachnophobe

Last edited by a moderator:

Prima

In regards to changing from Strix to Standard 3080, support told me that they would not receive any Strix until January. And if I were to amend it to a standard 3080, I would get it sooner and not be put at the "back of the queue".

But I want the Strix, so, I'll wait until Jan.

edit: I have waited 56 working days. Will be 57 today.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
That’s a completely different business though. They are not a system builder, you can’t compare the two.
I understand it's a completely different business, but whatever the type of business they are, they have to receive deliveries.

Now the business that has received deliveries updates what they have received in their warehouse inventory software, this then allows whoever is building or sending out components know what they have and what orders can be progressed.

They do a general update on their web page on whatever has been delivered, and say that those who had ordered whatever item/build, will receive an email etc etc, this keeps the customer in the loop, won't appease all but will the majority.

Thats simple warehouse management, wether your just a supplier of components or a builder of machines, as a business you must have an idea on a daily basis what has actually come into your warehouse, or not, what ever the case may be, only by knowing what is coming into the warehouse on a daily basis can you build one system or another, or send a component out.

So if X was expecting a delivery of 150 units, but only got 75, X spoke to supplier who hopes the other 75 will be added onto the next order expected around 7-10 days etc etc

X then updates page saying a delivery was received today, of the expected 150 we only got 75, this has been update and those who ordered said components, or build with said component, will receive an email update.

Warehouse stocks are then updated so the company knows where it stands in relation to demand to fulfil orders.

To me it doesn't matter what the type of business is, the logistics and inventory warehousing will be similar for any business, what it does after it has added received items to warehouse stocks is where each business is different.

I could be wrong though!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I understand it's a completely different business, but whatever the type of business they are, they have to receive deliveries.

Now the business that has received deliveries updates what they have received in their warehouse inventory software, this then allows whoever is building or sending out components know what they have and what orders can be progressed.

They do a general update on their web page on whatever has been delivered, and say that those who had ordered whatever item/build, will receive an email etc etc, this keeps the customer in the loop, won't appease all but will the majority.

Thats simple warehouse management, wether your just a supplier of components or a builder of machines, as a business you must have an idea on a daily basis what has actually come into your warehouse, or not, what ever the case may be, only by knowing what is coming into the warehouse on a daily basis can you build one system or another, or send a component out.

So if X was expecting a delivery of 150 units, but only got 75, X spoke to supplier who hopes the other 75 will be added onto the next order expected around 7-10 days etc etc

X then updates page saying a delivery was received today, of the expected 150 we only got 75, this has been update and those who ordered said components, or build with said component, will receive an email update.

Warehouse stocks are then updated so the company knows where it stands in relation to demand to fulfil orders.

To me it doesn't matter what the type of business is, the logistics and inventory warehousing will be similar for any business, what it does after it has added received items to warehouse stocks is where each business is different.

I could be wrong though!
I've said before that these kinds of suggesfions/complaints should be sent directly to PCS. They don't monitor these fora so suggestions like this made on here don't have the impact I think you're hoping for.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I ordered my machine 28th September 2020.
Currently at 51 working days of production time and still in pre-production.
I think it depends what 3080 you've ordered as to when you receive your order because we may be in different queues. I ordered a ROG Strix - I've found no evidence of anyone receiving one of these and I've tried in vain to speak to PCS about swapping it out.

Fundamentally I do not understand why PCS can't publish a queue. Scan seem to manage just fine and I bet it has dramatically reduced the burden on their customer service teams.

P.S. lolz @ arachnophobe
I have received my PC with a 3080 Strix. 24th September ordered, arrived 23rd November. It is an OC version so not sure if that makes/made any difference to people who ordered non OC builds.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I've said before that these kinds of suggesfions/complaints should be sent directly to PCS. They don't monitor these fora so suggestions like this made on here don't have the impact I think you're hoping for.
I'm not looking for any impact from PCS here, I speak to them via email once a week or phone if I think its really urgent.

This was just for a background of stock warehousing that every company has to do, wether a computer builder or a fast food place. I'd be surprised if they would see this as a suggestion as this should already be in place for such a large company.

And how simple it is to then take the info and post an update, PCS have chosen not to do it that way and that's their prerogative, whilst others have.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As I near 50 days since I ordered (47 days so far), I'm tempted to switch back to the 3080 from the 6800XT. Pretty much in a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation though.

decisions.gif

scarpa1

Enthusiast
As I near 50 days since I ordered (47 days so far), I'm tempted to switch back to the 3080 from the 6800XT. Pretty much in a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation though.

decisions.gif
Doesnt seem to be many of the 6800XT around at all, can't see many people swapping to the 6900XT either going by some reviews so wont free up any stock there.
I was nearly in your boat too, was going to swap to a 6800XT but my build actually went into testing on the morning of the 6800xt launch, 4 or 5 hours later and I would have been sat with you.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
3080Ti will be out soon :D
If I wait for the 6800XT, I might end up switching to the 3080Ti as I'll probably still be waiting once they release! :ROFLMAO:
Doesnt seem to be many of the 6800XT around at all, can't see many people swapping to the 6900XT either going by some reviews so wont free up any stock there.
I was nearly in your boat too, was going to swap to a 6800XT but my build actually went into testing on the morning of the 6800xt launch, 4 or 5 hours later and I would have been sat with you.
I remember your shock when yours went into testing!

Reaxgrim

Changed mine to a 6900 xt then seen reviews was going to go for 6800 xt but am waiting either way so just set it to a 3080 and ill forget about it till it arrives lol tired of chasing stock.