RTX 3080

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered my machine 28th September 2020.
Currently at 51 working days of production time and still in pre-production.
I think it depends what 3080 you've ordered as to when you receive your order because we may be in different queues. I ordered a ROG Strix - I've found no evidence of anyone receiving one of these and I've tried in vain to speak to PCS about swapping it out.

Fundamentally I do not understand why PCS can't publish a queue. Scan seem to manage just fine and I bet it has dramatically reduced the burden on their customer service teams.

P.S. lolz @ arachnophobe
mm interesting. don't know who is bigger (san or PCS) but if scan is getting some, you would hope PCS is getting some as well.

I would hope to see a pattern when people go in building in batches. i.e. nothing happening for a few days and then 50 or more (hopefully not less) machines are starting to be assembled and so on.

which I guess we can only find out on this forum at the stage.

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered: Standard 3080 and Ryzen 7 5800
Order Date: 15th November
Pre Production: 18 Working Days
Place In Queue: Not a scooby :(

Quagga

mm interesting. don't know who is bigger (san or PCS) but if scan is getting some, you would hope PCS is getting some as well.

I would hope to see a pattern when people go in building in batches. i.e. nothing happening for a few days and then 50 or more (hopefully not less) machines are starting to be assembled and so on.

which I guess we can only find out on this forum at the stage.
I also use Scan as a proxy.
The trouble is, I forgot to take a note of what their pre-orders were on what date, so whilst they are clearly receiving stock and processing orders, it's difficult to get a sense of the backlog date they've cleared.
It is clear though, that other than the ASUS cards, the 3090 queue is effectively cleared. And the 3070 one is being burnt through rapidly ~ 900 in the latest backlog, 400 allegedly arriving this week.

Ironically looking at the Scan page makes me more worried about the impact of having ordered the 5900X where they've got >900 orders and are only getting on average <100 a week. They've cleared their 5600 queue and their 5950 and 5800 should clear this/next week - it's just the 5900 that's the problem.

Snooze

Ordered: Standard 3080 and Ryzen 7 5900
Order Date: 14th November
Pre Production: 18 Working Days
Place In Queue: Your guess is as good as mine

Fudges

After my excitement of it going into build last Friday, 55 working days in (now 58 working days since I ordered).It has encountered a problem during testing. Fingers crossed it is not a gpu issue and easily fixable.

ShivT

I have received my PC with a 3080 Strix. 24th September ordered, arrived 23rd November. It is an OC version so not sure if that makes/made any difference to people who ordered non OC builds.
Did you specifically order a Strix OC? I couldn't see it as an option.
Ordered: Stock Asus 3080 / 5900X
Order Date: 05-11-2020 14:16
Pre Production: 24 Days
Place In Queue:199th then moved up to around 200+ when i called on 7th Dec (not sure WHY) CPU and GPU not in stock
How do you know where you are in the queue? They tell me it's impossible to say.
Ordered on 20th September and still waiting...

Switched from STRIX 3080 to standard and have a 5950X.
Harsh. Maybe your 5950X is causing issues because Scarpa1 ordered after you but has received his PC already. Or maybe it's down to the OC/non-OC version.

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster

How do you know where you are in the queue? They tell me it's impossible to say.

Harsh. Maybe your 5950X is causing issues because Scarpa1 ordered after you but has received his PC already. Or maybe it's down to the OC/non-OC version.
It’s not the 5950X as that’s in stock. Think Scarpa1 has a liquid build? Mine is just your standard machine.

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster

Liquid Series builds are all OC, from what I've looked at

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
Hey all

not that it matters but for whatever reason the stat that PCS has about % of completed orders within an x amount of time under the "your orders" list, seems to be updated on a regular basis. For whatever reason that is linked to their internal software.

I do not know if there is a delay to it, but it was at 88% the other day and now it is at 90%.

Truth is that if they get 100 odd GPUs a week (which I am not sure that is the case) and there are 1000 people in a queue then that is 10 weeks i.e. 50 working days.

Gavras

Master Poster
Hey all

not that it matters but for whatever reason the stat that PCS has about % of completed orders within an x amount of time under the "your orders" list, seems to be updated on a regular basis. For whatever reason that is linked to their internal software.

I do not know if there is a delay to it, but it was at 88% the other day and now it is at 90%.

Truth is that if they get 100 odd GPUs a week (which I am not sure that is the case) and there are 1000 people in a queue then that is 10 weeks i.e. 50 working days.
Unless of course Curry’s have an order in for 300 PCs that need 300 GPU’s then one order to one gpu goes out the window.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I've been looking around online to see if there was any 6800xt or 3080 GPU's to buy for PCS build. It seems that only the odd 3090 are available now. saw a EVGA 3090 in Awd it for an eye wateringly expensive £1999!!(supposed to be retailed at $1800 in US) Crazy prices, desperate times.