RTX 3080

D

Deleted member 103489

You won't have any problems playing the latest games that's for sure lol

Right now my 3090 is not getting the full potential use because i am still awaiting my samsung g9 monitor... not peep from samsung since it was returned Wednesday back :-(

However this makes up for the fact with my 3d workloads.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Another interesting point on the call is that they ordered £1.2 mil worth of cards but they're only receiving up to £16k a week. The guy on the call seemed equally as frustrated waiting for them as we are 🙃
At least I'm getting by rig by Christmas...2021! :geek:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Are you doing your dances and chants for the silicon Gods?
I'm considering a deal with the devil. I'll be watching the Big Navi reveal VERY closely!

giphy.gif

I'm at 21 working days currently. I'll probably get in contact once it hits a month also.
I was at 21 on Monday too, 23 now. so theoretically if it’s first come first serve we should get ours around the same time. I’ll also call when it’s been 30 working days. 👍🏼

Well I’m on 24 working days now, who knew 28 minutes would translate to over a month. Not gonna lie I know there is nothing they can do about it but the lack of info regarding queue status etc hasn’t left me with the greatest view of PCS. Just hoping the machine makes up for it when it finally arrives (this side of 2020 hopefully)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Keep in mind that 2 weeks would be about the norm without a pandemic and without a global shortage of 3080s. With the pandemic I think the build queues were around 21 days. 24 working days is clearly over average but even if they were bountiful with 3080s on the shelves, the shear increase in demand would mean that the queue time would be longer.

Around 20 working days is what I would expect for a build right now as a minimum, this is just me talking though so don't take it as any way an indication of fact. 30 working days for a hard to get product isn't that hard to imagine. You just need to hope that your name is on one of the incoming cards :D

Keep in mind that 2 weeks would be about the norm without a pandemic and without a global shortage of 3080s. With the pandemic I think the build queues were around 21 days. 24 working days is clearly over average but even if they were bountiful with 3080s on the shelves, the shear increase in demand would mean that the queue time would be longer.

Around 20 working days is what I would expect for a build right now as a minimum, this is just me talking though so don't take it as any way an indication of fact. 30 working days for a hard to get product isn't that hard to imagine. You just need to hope that your name is on one of the incoming cards :D
Oh yeah i totally get that they are stuck in the middle of something they can’t help with. But the part they are playing appears to be just disinformation as I’ve called and used live chat a number of times now with different answers being given each time. A simple “you are X in the queue and we are only getting an average of Y a week but this can increase/decrease at any time” would suffice as it would remove them from the picture

Bren

Well I’m on 24 working days now, who knew 28 minutes would translate to over a month. Not gonna lie I know there is nothing they can do about it but the lack of info regarding queue status etc hasn’t left me with the greatest view of PCS. Just hoping the machine makes up for it when it finally arrives (this side of 2020 hopefully)
I've been waiting since 2:02 on release day for an upgrade keep being told 2-3 weeks everytime I ask ain't anything they cant really do about it unfortunately they're stuck in the middle some companies will get more stock than others

And worst part is by the time I receive it I may just be looking at it for the next year😂

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Oh yeah i totally get that they are stuck in the middle of something they can’t help with. But the part they are playing appears to be just disinformation as I’ve called and used live chat a number of times now with different answers being given each time. A simple “you are X in the queue and we are only getting an average of Y a week but this can increase/decrease at any time” would suffice as it would remove them from the picture

Unfortunately it's not that simple. If PCS sold the same PC to everyone wanting a 3080.... and they were all the same 3080... then it would be exactly that simple.

Every single part in your build is being juggled, with availability etc. Someone who has chosen components that are plentiful and available and only waiting on the 3080 will likely get their build before anyone who has chosen parts which have less availability.

Unfortunately, most sensible customers will have purchased very appropriate parts for their build and thus very popular parts for their build They won't only be in a queue for a 3080, but for multiple other components of their build.

It would take a huge algorithm to figure out where you are in a queue based on all the components that are selected and their variation.

Granted, that's no reason for being told different stories but my point is that it's likely that the story will actually change each time you call as the wind will continually be changing direction....as will delivery dates, order counts, component quantities etc.

andjac

Bronze Level Poster
Maybe the problem is you calling and using live chat multiple times to try get a status update.
I know its exciting but you gotta just try forget about it and await the in build email.
Until your position and the availability of all your chosen parts line up they would only be able to give you rough ETA which will be subject to daily chance
There is really no point causing them more work asking for frequent updates as the information will fluctuate so much

Again not much use in arguing but I got an email saying the only part missing from my build is the 3080 so either it was false/they will take bits from my build to give to someone else or there are a bunch of people awaiting the 3080 to complete their build like me?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Again not much use in arguing but I got an email saying the only part missing from my build is the 3080 so either it was false/they will take bits from my build to give to someone else or there are a bunch of people awaiting the 3080 to complete their build like me?

At that time. You have to understand that it's an ever moving landscape. The floor is basically lava right now.

Everyone needs to understand.....

The build queue is systematic.
Calling up PCS won't move you further up the queue
People calling up PCS aren't getting preferential treatment
The queue is fair based on the availability of the parts of your build
When it's your turn and all parts are available, your PC will go into building and you will be notified.

Everything, and I do mean everything, outside of the above is complete educated best guess at that particular time. Everything can change 10 minutes later.

Expecting a dynamic business to be static at a time like this is unfair, but I understand that it's not well known that this is how it will work. Everyone just wants their stuff ASAP.

The really unfortunate thing is there's no way to issue this sort of information to people on individual basis. Everyone is different and it would be impossible to predict the future of a fluid build queue with any accuracy. They tell you what they know at the time you call, you will get more frustrated if you call and that's changed....... you don't expect or understand that change and think it's misinformation, it's not..... it's an ever changing environment.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Unfortunately, most sensible customers will have purchased very appropriate parts for their build and thus very popular parts for their build They won't only be in a queue for a 3080, but for multiple other components of their build.

The above is very true. I know from watching the configurator like a hawk between the 17th and placing my order on the 2nd that the 850W PSU was greyed out for most of the time inbetween those two dates, and it turning black again was one of the triggers for me to decide to place my order. The H115i Platinum cooler greyed out a day or so after my order, so that's been another bottleneck where PCS have been short on supply. It very much is what it is, and we'll all get our builds when we get them. :)

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
The above is very true. I know from watching the configurator like a hawk between the 17th and placing my order on the 2nd that the 850W PSU was greyed out for most of the time inbetween those two dates, and it turning black again was one of the triggers for me to decide to place my order. The H115i Platinum cooler greyed out a day or so after my order, so that's been another bottleneck where PCS have been short on supply. It very much is what it is, and we'll all get our builds when we get them. :)
I purchased the 850 PSU and the H115i Plat and I'm still in pre-production, so that's definitely the case regarding bottlenecks as I no longer need the 3080.

quok

Yeah it feels like people are trying to make excuses for pretty poor information coming out of PCS.

I keep getting emails every few days saying build will start a couple of days from then. This is never remotely true and if anything I'm starting to wonder if it's deliberate false information to stop people asking for refunds. I finally contacted them today for the first time to see what is going on.

They can't / won't give me an ETA because they don't know when the card is coming. This is fine, it's down to Nvidia and I understand that. However, they also won't tell me where I am in the queue, so even allowing for them not knowing when the next batch of cards will come in, they also won't tell me if my PC will be built when that batch does come, or the next batch, or the next batch.

Yes, stock is low and stock is rare, but a lot of other sellers seem to be much more forthcoming with information. I also know an increasing number of people who ordered elsewhere no later than I made my PCS order, and have now received their product.

PCS could say "we've received an average of 20 cards per week, and there are 60 PCs ordered with 3080s in them that were ordered before your one" and I could make a decent guess that I'll receive it in 3 weeks. If, in 3 weeks the card has come but there's another week to wait for a power supply or cooler or whatever then that's fine - estimates of that information are available too.

The "it's first come first served but we can't tell you how many people came before you" line is a bit tired, when there appear to be people on this thread who ordered later but had their PC built sooner. In my case I handed over £3k to PCS at about 5 minutes past 2 on the day preorders came available. I knew it wouldn't be delivered immediately or quickly, but I expected that a month later I'd at least have a vague ETA.