RTX 3080

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'll repeat what I've posted on that thread here for completeness.....

I think it's important to point out that this document is for entertainment purposes only. It's not connected to, supported by, nor affiliated to PCS in any way at all, and nobody should expect this document to be indicative in any way of how PCS are managing the build queue.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I think it's important to point out that this document is for entertainment purposes only. It's not connected to, supported by, nor affiliated to PCS in any way at all, and nobody should expect this document to be indicative in any way of how PCS are managing the build queue.
that could get very entertaining if someone like me were to put a load of entries on there, whereas i've not actually ordered one .....

ThatGuy11200

It will give some indication of how things are moving along. Which is better than the lacklustre communication we get from PCS.

ThatGuy11200

I assume that is aimed at the internet at large, how many is that at the moment?

that is how much worth online forms are.
No. That's aimed at the two people in this thread (you being one of them) who have indicated they may mess it up for no other reason than they can.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It will give some indication of how things are moving along. Which is better than the lacklustre communication we get from PCS.
how will it, read my comment above, and as well as that folks who have ordered might not enter themselves on that spreadsheet even if they know of it

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No. That's aimed at the two people in this thread (you being one of them) who have indicated they may mess it up for no other reason than they can.
no we are just pointing out that for various reasons its a total waste of time, as @Gavras said how many folk on the internet, and when i looked at it there was only one entry on there

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
This has to go down as one of the most pointless exchanges I've ever read. :ROFLMAO:

From what I've read of this forum over the last month or so, I'd like to think that no-one would deliberately sabotage the spreadsheet, even if they didn't think it'd be much help, which is what it was initially set up for.

Gavras

Master Poster
i am simply pointing out how potentially pointless an online document like that is.

there is zero correlation to forum user name, anyone can complete the document and enter any information they require.

it is accessible by non forum members.

it also required Google password to update (potential security issue?) but also limits entries to google users.

All the above makes it an accurate tracker?

there is a global shortage of components which has been impacting manufacturers for a number of years.

at present the highest shortage is with Muli layers caps, hence a push to switch to polymers.

this component shortage impacts not only new products but any increase in order.

the result is that many manufacturers will bulk buy short supply components by a higher than usual amount, this then impacts every other manufacturer.

Nvidia themselves do not even know when supply issue will be resolved, they publicly said it may be early 2021 by times things settle down. If that is their official line, then everyone else will not know.

this pretty much means any downstream seller will not know firm details on their expected stock.

Lead times can suddenly change from 8 weeks to 22 weeks just by someone such as HP, Dell telling a 3080 manufacturer they will switch to AMD if order not satisfied, this then means biggest fish shout loudest get the biggest catch.

There is a level of nativity on how global supply chains work, companies such as PCS (and any other similar company) have pretty much zero control on parts.

AMD will likely suffer same issues with their new cards.

Gavras

Master Poster
This has to go down as one of the most pointless exchanges I've ever read. :ROFLMAO:

From what I've read of this forum over the last month or so, I'd like to think that no-one would deliberately sabotage the spreadsheet, even if they didn't think it'd be much help, which is what it was initially set up for.
Because it’s Saturday morning and bored.

your last sentence had me chuckle, pleased to see you agree.

”even if they didn’t think it’d be much help, which is what is was initially set up for “

so... the form was actually setup to not provide much help?

(btw no we would not).

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
PC arrived. Box had very little padding so bit of damage. Hoping it’s all ok to run

Attachments

• B3A186C5-95F6-4500-A14D-719438C6E68A.jpeg
    B3A186C5-95F6-4500-A14D-719438C6E68A.jpeg
    733.1 KB · Views: 253

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I'd log this with PCS as the systems are normally boxed well enough to protect them...however, things occasionally happen. It does look like it's cosmetic but you can never know for sure and if it develops an issue down the road related to this, at least you've logged it with them.
Wanted to check power was on too with you guys as before I know some had issue - photo attached

Attachments

• 77C40BC2-26BC-4866-948C-90F025334FDF.jpeg
    77C40BC2-26BC-4866-948C-90F025334FDF.jpeg
    860.7 KB · Views: 270

GarCul

PC arrived. Box had very little padding so bit of damage. Hoping it’s all ok to run
Great news that it arrived but that would drive me mad !!! I have to say mine was well packed and I went over mine with a fine tooth comb looking for anything but that is blatant